Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action. Greenpeace Africa is a growing movement of people acting for the protection of the environment. Our campaigns use peaceful, creative confrontation to expose environmental injustices around the world and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
Based in Johannesburg, Nairobi, Senegal, Cameroon or DRC, Greenpeace Africa is seeking to appoint a dynamic, seasoned, highly skilled senior Human Resources professional to the challenging and prestigious position of:
DIRECTOR OF PEOPLE AND CULTURE
As the Director of People and Culture the incumbent will be responsible for helping to find, develop, motivate and retain the team at Greenpeace Africa. He/She will act as a champion for organisational culture and will support the organisation’s executives and team leaders, allowing Greenpeace Africa to develop and grow quickly, creatively, dynamically and effectively.
The Director of People and Culture is also responsible for recognising, creating and implementing plans to promote diversity within the organisation. A significant part of the role is promoting and developing initiatives to enhance employee understanding on inclusion issues, ensuring integrity across all hubs in Greenpeace Africa. This position is a key strategic role within the organisation helping to grow and allowing us to build a unique and strong people-oriented culture at Greenpeace Africa.
As the Director of People and Culture, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Ensuring Greenpeace has the right people with the right skills, and they are being effectively managed
- Influencing HR decisions at all levels, and ensuring their effective implementation
- Providing support and structure to organisational learning and development activities
- Managing, developing and aligning personnel services to meet organisational needs
- Positively influencing and contributing to Greenpeace Africa HR initiatives
- Ensuring that HR strategy and policies are effectively aligned with and contributing to the overall Greenpeace Africa strategy
The Director of People and Culture must meet the following criteria:
- Able to demonstrate a significant level of generalist HR experience at the level of Head of HR, Senior HR Manager, or Senior Business Partner within a fast-paced and flexible organisation.
- Preferably degree educated and SABPP registered, or equivalent
- Evidence of significant continued personal development in the field of HRM, and application in a work context
- Knowledge in Organisational Psychology and change management will be advantageous
- Show a high level of personal responsibility and initiative
- Works effectively in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Proactive and organisation-focused, achieving demonstrable results
- Passionate about the contribution of HR to Greenpeace’s impact and effectiveness
- Personal belief in, and support for Greenpeace's aims.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Monday 17th February 2020 to email@example.com.