ALPS Resilience is a small dynamic non-profit organization with a team of core staff based in Cape Town, South Africa. Founded in 2015, our organisation aims to serve communities negatively impacted by conflict and displacement and has implemented projects in South Africa, Mozambique and Tanzania. They design custom interventions that focus on empowering migrants, promoting integration, fostering social cohesion and peacebuilding. Their organisation is looking for a bid development officer to provide the conceptual and technical skills needed to write proposals to secure funding for our activities.
ALPS Resilience seeks to appoint a Bid Writer / Development Officer to be based in Cape Town
Start date: March or ASAP
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience
Employment Type: 6-month contract with the possibility to extend (preferably 100% of time (full-time) )
The purpose of the position is to have a dynamic, enthusiastic individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills who can maintain existing and initiate new relationships with various stakeholders and donors. This position requires an individual with strong self-initiative, proven grant writing and fundraising experience in the field of international development, creativity and ability to multi-task. Resource mobilization in the field of conflict resolution, migration and community capacity building is an advantage, as is work in the non-profit or development sector.
- Identify appropriate funding opportunities for the organisation each month from international cooperation agencies, national government, and or private foundations.
- Working with the programme manager(s), and the director to develop the conceptual approach, theory of change and the result framework, to produce cohesive, credible and coordinated proposals based on programme goals and strategies;
- Formalising external relations with potential/existing donors, and diplomatic missions
- Identifying time / resource requirements for each opportunity
- Develop and implement creative fundraising activities and sustainability solutions.
- Contribute to communications, including writing policy briefs, project reports or related communications outputs
- Provide training to our community partners in resource mobilization.
- A master’s degree in International/Development Studies, International Relations, marketing, business administration/project management, or a writing-related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ bid writing experience. However postgraduate candidates with appropriate experience will also be considered.
- Highly advantageous to have previous grant / bid writing experience on successful proposals and familiarity with key international donors such as the UN, US State Department, EU, DFID, USA ID etc. having worked for either a company, non-profit or on a freelance basis. Other relevant experience will also be considered.
- Excellent research, organizational and communications skills
- Excellent professional writing and editing skills
- Good programme skills including capacity to prepare logical, coherent and consistent documents including logframes, workplans and budgets.
- Prior experience with M&E in the area of development is an advantage.
- An interest in one or more of the following would be advantageous: xenophobia; refugee and migrant rights; human trafficking; post-conflict stabilisation; violent extremism; and community resilience.
- Willingness to travel and take on tasks in our growing organisation as required.
If interested, email email@example.com Please send your CV and a brief motivation outlining your background and why you are interested in the role. An applicant should also provide one / two examples and descriptions of successful fundraising proposals they have authored where applicable. Please title your email with the position you are applying for i.e. Development Officer.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note that we will consider applications on a rolling basis, and only contact short-listed applicants. Applicants who do not receive a reply within one month of submission should
deem their application to have been unsuccessful.
For more information about ALPS Resilience, refer to www.alpsresilience.com
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies