Amandla Development is a nonprofit organisation that works to empower South African youth with equal access to quality education opportunities. Amandla facilitates the Philippi Collective Network, a cross-sector group that fosters a community-driven approach to improving learner wellbeing and education outcomes.
Amandla Development seeks to appoint a Resource Access Programme Project Coordinator to be based in Cape Town.
Start date: 1st of February 2020
The purpose of this position it to connect learners to supports that make them more likely to stay in school and do well in school. The RAP coordinator liaises with school leadership and local service providers/NGOs to plan regular workshops for learners, parent meetings, and mentoring for learners.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the logistics of RAP, training and monitoring of peer mentors, and regular reporting of both quantitative and change stories with learners.
- Report to the Project Manager and supervise RAP activities
- Work with our organisation partners to plan and execute info sessions for learners
- Recruit and train peer mentors from the local community to be a resource for learners
- Lead parent meetings
- Monitor peer mentor implementation of the RAP curriculum
- Write reports
- Data capture
- Able to meet deadlines consistently
- Manage the training budget for mentors
- Minimum two years in similar role
- Demonstrated experience working with youth
- Experience working in a township setting
- Fluency in isiXhosa a must
- Experience in community development
- A valid driver's license
- Written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including basic Excel
- Interest in education
- Very much a team player
- Highly flexible
- Ability and willingness to multitask and manage shifting deadlines
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Ability to work independently or without direct supervision
- Problem-solving abilities
- Basic financial management
To apply, submit 1) a CV, (maximum two pages), 2) one-page motivational letter outlining your experience, 3) your most recent salary and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Any applications not including ALL the above information will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.