The Cape Innovation & Technology Initiative is a Non-Profit Company (NPC) with a mission to build a future-proof, inclusive society through technology and innovation. CapaCiTi Tech Career Accelerator is the skills development division of CiTi. CapaCiTi’ s vision is to enable inclusive growth of the digital economy by ensuring a supply pipeline of future fit skilled employees with relevant technical skills matched to industry demand. They do this through innovative training and experiential learning programmes that focus on both technical and professional development.
CapaCiTi seeks to appoint a Head of Talent Management to be based in Gauteng.
The purpose of this position is to lead, evaluate, manage and execute sourcing, candidate management and placement strategy. Lead a diverse and multi-site team of 10 to ensure CapaCiTi candidates are selected appropriately, given relevant professional development, placed in internships and job opportunities and managed through the entire end to end candidate development process, allowing CapaCiTi to meet and exceed targets and ensuring a high-end candidate experience.
- Ensure development and continuous improvement of Candidate Talent strategies
- Align all Candidate activity across CapaCiTi to ensure a seamless, high value and engaged candidate journey from recruitment, through training, placement and into the alumni network.
- Lead all Recruitment, Candidate Management, Placement and Alumni activities for CapaCiTi Programmes through design, planning, overseeing execution and management of the outputs from the relevant teams
- Contribute to the development of policies, processes and procedures that align with best practice.
- Recognise areas of risk early though data analysis, collaboration with the leadership team, feedback from candidates, team members and host organisations etc and take mitigating action
- Drive the deployment of standard operating procedures, processes and planning activity that ensures the delivery of a smooth process throughout the end to end talent management landscape
- Create Viz Boards/reports/analytics that allow an "at a glance" view of department success, activity and challenges
- Ensure evidence is gathered in an appropriate and timely manner by your team to support all reporting requirements
- Report on all deliverables and compliance
- Lead and develop all team members, including holding regular reviews, feedback and performance management interventions
- Lead and motivate teams in Johannesburg and Cape Town to one aligned goal - to provide a market leading candidate experience throughout their engagement with CapaCiTi
- Ensure Teams deliver outputs to the highest standard possible that demonstrate best practice in the industry
- Ensure delivery of all Job Critical Skills activities outside of platform learning content (induction, graduation, feedback, mock interviews, world of work presentations/talks, workshops, learning events)
- Provide a key focus on customer and stakeholder relationships, with targeted business development activity where appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, HR, Psychology or related field desirable.
- Prefered Skills:
- Committed to and engaged with youth development
- Recruitment, Selection, development and Placement expertise, ideally within the IT/Technology Marketplace, ICT industry or Youth Development programmes
- Experience within a training, learning environment/institution or Youth Development highly desirable
- Experience of leading large teams with challenging targets to meet
- Knowledge of all elements of the value chain (Applicant Tracking Systems, Recruitment activities and throughputs, selection design and methodologies, programme management, stakeholder management, reporting, Soft Skills development)
- Thorough understanding of data including throughputs, reporting, visualisation and target driven approaches to achieving results
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports and budgets
- Experience and confidence with Management Information and Reporting
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff
- Open and reflective
- Builds lasting people relationships
- Good communication skills
- Helpful, friendly, approachable
- Great social skills
- Enthusiastic, optimistic
- Consistent, planned and excellent organization skills
- Leads by example
- Engages and drives team towards success
- Aligns matrix and dispersed teams towards a common purpose
- Resilient in a high-volume environment
- Solutions focused
- Seeks innovation and best practice
To apply, send email your CV email@example.com. Mark your application with ‘CapaCiTi M & E and Reporting Manager’ in the subject line. Include salary expectation in covering letter.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.