The Haven believes no one should live on the streets. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation, a non–governmental organisation working to help the homeless back to a home, family and community. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to offer social work services, rehabilitation opportunities, family reunification services, physical care and support available to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
The Haven Night seeks to appoint Hosts to be based in Napier Street and Kalk Bay.
Reports to: Respective Shelter Managers.
Salary Package: R5 700.00 per month
Job Type: Permanent
- The Host will be responsible for the initial intake of clients including their safety and care.
- Supervising clients.
- Administrative duties.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and housekeeping.
- Reside in the area or in surrounding areas,
- Code B drivers licence,
- Grade 10 Certificate,
- Be able to work shifts and alternate weekends,
- Ability to interact with clients from different cultures and religions,
- Manage conflict situations,
- Basic level of computer literacy - MS Office, MS Excel and Outlook,
- Ability to work as a team player,
- Be of sober habits,
- No criminal record,
- Be in good health,
- Experience in the NGO sector will be an advantage.
NB. The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send two pages CV, and motivational letter to the HR Manager email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please note if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attach to your application will not be considered.
Please indicate in the subject line for which post you apply: HOST: NAPIER OR KALK BAY.
If you don't receive a response from us within 3 weeks of closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies