LifeLine Ekurhuleni is a leading provider of personal skills development and the promotion of emotional wellness for the healing and transformation of individuals and communities in Ekurhuleni. As a community-based, civil society organisation, whose core counselling and victim empowerment services are provided by volunteers, LifeLine involves the community at large and its resources to achieve its objectives.
LifeLine Ekurhuleni seeks to appoint an Intermediary to be based in Benoni, Gauteng.
Remuneration: R 4,195.24 per month
The purpose of the position is to be responsible for ensuring that child and mentally-challenged adult victims and witnesses of abuse and violence, as well as their families, are supported through and post legal processes.
Key responsibility areas will include: (1) providing Intermediary services to Courts throughout Ekurhuleni; (2) following up and supporting child and mentally-challenged adult victims and their families post-Court cases; (3) facilitating awareness and educational programmes around issues underlying child abuse and violence; (4) providing lay counselling to distressed and traumatized individuals.
- As per the Criminal Procedures Act (Act 51 of 1977), the following persons may apply:
- Registered educators with 4 years of service experience
- Registered Social Workers with 2 years of experience in the Social Work field
- Registered Child Care Workers with a 3-year qualification and 3 years’ experience in child or youth care
- Registered clinical, educational or counselling psychologists
- Registered medical practitioners, with psychiatry as a specialist
- Knowledge of child development and the relevant legislation;
- A valid Code 8 or 10 driver’s license;
- Fluency in English and at least two other South African languages;
- Proficiency in the use of computers for spreadsheets, reporting, email and internet;
- Strong, persuasive written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Self-motivated and a team player
- A flexible approach to working hours and duties
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Further correspondence will only be entered into with candidates under consideration for the position. Should you not hear back from us within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Closing date for submissions – 9 March 2019
Ideal for a retired or unemplyed professional