Rural Education Access Program
REAP is a national NGO and Associate Body of the Southern African Catholic Bishops’ Conference that facilitates access to Higher Education for poor rural matriculates.
REAP is seeking to appoint two Student Development Advisors, one based in Durban and one in Cape Town.
Start date: January 2020
- At least 2 years minimum experience working with youth, preferably in the higher education sector or student support services
- Undergraduate degree in Social work or related discipline
- Fluency in isiZulu, isiXhosa and/or Afrikaans
- Code B driver’s licence
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Facilitation skills
- Strong administrative skills with attention to detail
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Suite and database systems
- Knowledge of the Higher Education Institution sector
- Solutions-oriented and resourceful
- Team player
- Self-management skills Key performance areas:
- Student support and development
- Networking and Liaison with Institutional Staff and other relevant Stakeholders
- Administration and data management
- Workshop and small group facilitation.
They are looking for individuals who are self-motivated, ethical with professional maturity and have high work energy levels.
They must have strong administrative capabilities and be able to adapt to a changing environment.
Only applications accompanied by a comprehensive motivation letter will be considered.
Also include a full CV (no certificates) and 3 current, contactable referees.
Applications to: The Deputy Director, P O Box 198, Athlone, 7760 or email@example.com Clearly mark your application with: SDA – Durban or SDA- Cape Town.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive market related salary package. REAP is an equal opportunity employer. If you have not received a response from us by the end of November, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about REAP, refer to http://www.reap.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies