Hospice Palliative Care Association of South Africa (HPCA) is a national organisation operating in all nine provinces in South Africa with 134 members and affiliated hospices countrywide.
HPCA seeks to appoint a Data Quality Officer to be based UGU District.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide efficient data management support for the implementation of monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities for the APACE project.
- Data Management and Reporting: HTS and linkage to care
- Verify collected data against source document (HTS register and Consent forms) and Capture as advised by MERO;
- Work with MERO and Facility Partner to verify the capturing of community HTS data on Tier.net/ Lab track and the linkage to care of clients tested in the community and update Linkage to Care tool;
- Provide support with data analysis and reporting for the District performance on activities related to HTS and Linkage to care;
- Collaborate with Testing Linkage and Retention Mentor TLRM) to develop support system to record monitoring and mentorship support to Testing Linkage and Retention Officers (TLROs) and Lay Counsellors (LC) on accurate completion of Data Collection tool;
- Collaborate with the MERO and TQAM to support the implementation of a data quality assurance system.
- Data Management and Reporting: Peer Support Groups
- Conduct regular assessment and support the Peer Support Groups (PSG) facilitators with the completion and accuracy of PSG registers
- Verify PSG data against source document (registers) and capture as advised by MERO;
- Collaborate with TLRM to develop a mentorship program to monitor PSG facilitators with the completion of registers;
- Provide support with data analysis and reporting of the District performance on activities related to PSG as advised by the MERO;
- Collaborate with the facility data capturer to ensure that PSG registers are captured monthly on Tier.Net or other DOH electronic system;
- Collaboration with TLRM to develop a support system to record monitoring and mentorship support to TLRO on accurate completion of PSG registers;
- Data Management and Reporting: Tracking and tracing
- Follow up on any incomplete or inaccurate data to ensure quality of data captured;
- Verify collected data against source document and capture using Tracking and tracing tool;
- Collaborate with MERO and Facility Partner to verify linkage to care of clients tested in the community and update running Linkage to Care tool;
- Provide support with data analysis and reporting of the District performance on activities related to Tracking and Tracing;
- Collaborate with TLRM to develop a support system to record monitoring and mentorship support to TLROs and LCs;
- Submit weekly plans and monthly records of mentorship as well as travel requisitions, personal claims and timesheets.
- ND: BS/BA in public health or related field
- 2 years’ experience in HIV and AIDS or Public Health field;
- 2 years’ experience working on monitoring, evaluation and reporting in PEPFAR funded projects;
- 2-3 experience implementing data intensive programs and designing monitoring and evaluation tools;
- Computer Literacy – Advanced level in MS Excel, MS Access and MS Word.
- Technical, profesional knowledge and expertise
- Innovative thinking
- Good Communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Customer centric focused
- Problem solving skills
- Stress Tolerance
To apply, submit a detailed CV, cover letter and names of three contactable references including email contact to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about HPCA, refer to www.hpca.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies