The Haven believes no one should live on the streets. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation, a non–governmental organisation working to help the homeless back to a home, family and community. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to offer social work services, rehabilitation opportunities, family reunification services, physical care and support available to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
The Haven seeks to appoint a Fieldworker to be based in Western Cape.
Reports to: Respective Shelter Managers.
Salary Package: 6 600.00 per month
Job Type: Permanent
The purpose of the position is to work with Street people, service providers and other role players will play an important role in arresting the growth of the street-people population and in the downward management of the existing street-people population.
- Ring-fence the defined area.
- Establish baseline data in respect of numbers, distribution, composition and point of origin of homeless persons in the defined area.
- Determine the resources available to street persons in the surrounding areas.
- Develop relationships with the street people and the resources in the area to begin the management of the street person population downwards.
- Identify the new arrivals and using resources available discourage them from making a home on the streets in the defined area.
- Render reports and participate in the appropriate forums to create an integrated and more rational approach to the downward management of the street people population.
- Working as part of a team deployed in the adjacent areas to avoid shifting the problem around
- Reside in the area or in surrounding areas,
- Code B drivers licence,
- Registered Social Auxiliary Worker,
- Be able to work shifts and alternate weekends- when required, ability to interact with clients from different cultures and religions,
- Manage conflict situations,
- Basic level of computer literacy - MS Office,
- MS Excel and Outlook,
- Ability to work as a team player,
- Be of sober habits,
- No criminal record,
- Be in good health,
- Experience in the NGO sector will be an advantage.
NB. The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send two pages CV, and motivational letter to the HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please note if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attach to your application will not be considered.
Please indicate in the subject line for which post you apply: FIELDWORKER: NAPIER OR DISTRICT SIX.
If you don't receive a response from us within 3 weeks of closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Positions for the Napier (Green Point) and District Six (Woodstock) Night Shelters.
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies