Thanda was founded in 2008 and is changing the way people see themselves in the rural community of Mtwalume on the South Coast of KZN. Our innovative Early Childhood Development, After-School, Organic Farming, and Creative Learning Programmes work directly with over 1200 individuals daily.
Thanda is currently seeking a Junior Digital Marketing Manager to be based in KZN.
The purpose of the position is to join our Marketing, Communications & Partnerships team. The Junior Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing Thanda’s online marketing in order to ensure that Thanda’s stories, ideas, programmes, and impact are effectively communicated to Thanda’s partners, funders, and the general public.
Remuneration: R168 000 - R216 000 per annum, depending on skills, qualifications, and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Relevant Diploma
- Necessary Skills, Experience and Attitude:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Natural story-teller
- At least one years experience in Digital Marketing
- Highly strategic thinker
- Sound understanding of SEO, SEM, and other forms of online advertising
- Ability to write engaging blogs
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Experience in website maintenance and development
- Very strong analytical skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple tasks on tight timelines
- Excellent visual presentation skills
- Strong sense of brand awareness
- Experience in Photoshop preferred
- Creative, yet well-organised personality
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable personality
- High levels of responsibility, energy, and enthusiasm
- Willingness to learn new things
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends, when necessary
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Develop a comprehensive Digital Marketing Strategy each year:
- In consultation with the Marketing, Communications & Partnerships Manager (MCPM), develop a comprehensive strategy to ensure that Thanda’s stories, ideas, programmes, and impact are effectively communicated in the online space to Thanda’s partners, funders, and the general public. This strategy should focus on establishing Thanda’s reputation as an effective change-maker and a thought-leader.
- This strategy should include detailed plans, targets, and schedules for the following aspects of online communications:
- Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn);
- Online campaigns (inclusive of Social media, Thanda website and third party websites);
- Monthly e-newsletters, and other email communications;
- Blogs, and other thought leadership pieces;
- Website maintenance and development;
- SEO, SEM, and other forms of online advertising.
- Other forms of online publicity for thought leadership articles developed by the Education Team
- This strategy, as well the detailed plans, targets, and schedules should be documented in such manner that they are easily and practically available for review by the MCPM, Content Coordinator, and Executive Director.
- Implement and Execute the Digital Marketing Strategy
- Regularly liaise and collaborate with the Content Coordinator, who is responsible for creating high quality digital communication materials, including photographic, video, and other design content for use by the marketing team, as well as collecting stories.
- Take the lead in writing copy for all online communications that form part of the Digital Marketing Strategy.
- Working closely with the Content Coordinator, carry out all tasks as per the Digital Marketing Strategy.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all tasks, in accordance with the Digital Marketing Strategy, are carried out timeously, and that Thanda’s digital media is of a high quality.
- Manage and monitor Thanda’s social media, website and other online presence on a daily basis.
- Maintain databases relevant to Digital Marketing.
- Evaluate the Digital Marketing Strategy on an ongoing basis
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests.
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics.
- Create monthly reports on our digital marketing performance, to be shared with MCPM.
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Maintain databases relating to online donation platforms, and analyse trends regularly
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies and perform market analysis and research on competition.
- In consultation with the MCP Manager, and based on relevant metrics and research, regularly revise and realign strategies.
- Provide support to the Marketing, Communications and Partnership Manager
- Draft copy for direct communications to specific funders, as requested of the Marketing, Communications and Partnerships Manager
- Draft speaking abstracts on behalf of key management, as requested by the Marketing, Communications and Partnerships Manager
- Support Marketing, Communications and Partnerships Manager in ad hoc marketing related tasks and projects upon request.
- Provide Administrative support
- Assist with ad hoc and administrative tasks as needed
To apply: Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV (max 3 pages)
- A one page cover letter (explaining why you are interested in working at Thanda specifically, and how your skills are relevant to job description)
- A relevant writing sample (either as an attachment or as a link to a blog post or written online content)
- Please do not send any additional documents (such as identity documents or certificates
- Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
In the subject line of your email, please write “Application: Junior Digital Marketing Manager 2019_[Insert Your Name]”
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis up until the deadline.
Please do not call our offices. If you have questions, please ask them via email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear back from us by 12 December 2019, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
The ideal candidate for this job will be someone who is a natural storyteller, has excellent copy-writing skills, and possesses expertise in all aspects of digital marketing. He / she needs to be able to take the lead in developing Thanda’s digital media strategy, as well as take responsibility for implementing and executing this strategy, with the support of Thanda’s Content Coordinator. The Junior Digital Marketing Manager will report to the Marketing, Communications & Partnerships Manager, but should be able to work independently to ensure that all tasks happen and relevant goals are achieved. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented individual who is looking for an opportunity to grow within a dynamic and innovative Non-Profit Organisation.
This role requires high levels of creativity, consistency, energy, and enthusiasm. The ideal candidate for the Junior Digital Marketing Manager position is both team-player and an independent-worker who is able to take responsibility for tasks and deliverables, take initiative, and solve problems as they arise. It is very important that this person is passionate about the work that Thanda does and believes in Thanda’s mission,
The Junior Digital Marketing Manager will be based in our administrative office in Hibberdene, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. This is a full-time position. This position is ideal for someone looking to live close to the ocean, swim, surf, hike, and enjoy the beautiful nature on the South Coast. The culture at Thanda is one of passion, energy, hard work, a good sense of humour. We promote flexible working hours with an atmosphere of trust and team-work. We are not only looking for the right person for the job, but the right person for the team.
For more about Thanda, refer to www.thanda.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies