Soul City Institute
Soul City Institute is an intersectional feminist organization and our mission is to ensure that young womxn and girls enjoy substantive equality, with access to resources and opportunities that enable this. They promote a society where all people share a common humanity, a respect for human rights, and a fair allocation of resources.
Soul City Institute seeks to appoint a Business Unit Administrator / Finance to be based in Gauteng.
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer (Peromnes Grade 10)
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support and assistance to the CFO, Manager and staff within the Finance Unit, to enable the achievement of the deliverables for the Unit.
- Travel Management
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements for the Finance Unit in terms of Soul City Institute’s Travel and procurement policy. (Local and foreign travel).
- Assist the company accountant with retrieval of supporting documents for the travel invoices received.
- Diary and Telephone Management
- Diary management – schedule and co-ordinate internal and external meetings and workshops.
- Telephone management – receive and screen calls, take comprehensive messages and relay messages timeously to appropriate people.
- Assist with preparation of reports and expense analysis from the telephone management system records.
- Document Management, Filing and finance administration (for Soul City Group)
- Screen and deal with (action/reply/redirect where appropriate) incoming correspondence, enquiries and requests.
- Control incoming and outgoing mail.
- In consultation with the CFO and Finance manager, disseminate information and/or documents on behalf of the Unit.
- Maintain accurate and up to date filing records for the Finance Unit.
- Handle confidential and sensitive documentation.
- Assist with the co-ordination, receipt and checking of documents and preparation of the purchase orders for review by the Finance manager.
- Organise photocopying, printing, binding and deliveries by messengers and couriers.
- Assist with the archiving of information for storage as well as the retrieval of information requested from archived files.
- Assist with retrieval of documents for all audit sampling as required by the auditors.
- Assistance with the preparation of payment requisitions and purchase orders.
- Assistance with collection of supplier BEE certificates and loading information onto BEE123.
- General Administration and support
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Organise logistical (venue, catering, audio visual equipment, stationery, travel) and other requirements (distribution of agenda, minutes, reading material) for workshops and meetings.
- In consultation with the CFO and Finance manager, draft correspondence as required.
- Prepare and type correspondence, minutes, reports and other documents as required.
- Prepare Power Point presentations as required.
- Order and issue stationery for the Finance Unit.
- Prepare and submit leave records and maintain the leave register for the Finance Unit.
- Co-ordinate unit meetings.
- Relieve at reception, when necessary.
- Provide administrative assistance and support to other Business Unit Administrators, when necessary.
- Procurement Administration and support
- Assist Finance manager with the administration of the tender processes.
- Assist the Finance manager with the preparation of procurement contracts and service level agreements and memorandums of agreement.
- Liaise and follow-up with other business units as directed by the Finance manager to obtain information and resolve queries in respect of quotations, orders and contracts.
- Manage the procurement email and alert the Finance manager to queries and requests.
- Asset management and IT
- that all IT equipment as per the fixed asset register is tagged and linked to the corresponding asset number.
- Maintain an excel listing of all issued computers and work with the company accountant to ensure the asset listing and excel computer listings are up to date.
- Attendance of monthly IT meetings and minute taking including preparation of reports and follow ups of reports to be submitted prior to monthly meetings taking place.
- Human Resources Management
- Take ownership and accountability for all deliverables and responsibilities assigned to the position of Business Unit Administrator within the Finance Unit.
- In consultation with the CFO and Finance Manager, identify own training and coaching requirements to achieve optimal performance.
- Contribute to the development of a committed finance team with individuals who work well together and provide each other with mutual support, assistance and cooperation.
- Comply with all HR policies and procedures.
- A 3-year diploma, degree or equivalent qualification in Administration/Secretarial Competence.
- Minimum of 3 years’ senior administration or executive secretarial experience in the Finance department of Finance Executive office is a necessity.
- Finance qualification is an added advantage
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office - including word, excel, powerpoint and outlook.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Meticulous and able to pay attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to multi-task and priorities.
- Good work ethic and positive “can-do” attitude.
- Self-motivated, a self-starter and able to work with limited supervision.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to use own initiative and take ownership of his/her tasks.
- Able to do research on internet.
- Discrete and able to deal with sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Good team player.
- Honesty and integrity.
Please Forward Your CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies