Lalela provides educational arts to at-risk youth to spark creative thinking and awaken the entrepreneurial spirit. Lalela is at the forefront of Art education in South Africa.
Lalela seeks to appoint a Female Visual Art and Female Empowerment Facilitator, to be based in Hout Bay and Masiphumelele, Cape Town.
Employment type: Full time
- Facilitate educational art workshops in high schools focusing mainly on visual arts and female empowerment.
- Build strong relationships with schools, parents and other NGO’s working at the school, supply proof of strong networking skills and to be able to facilitate creative art workshops to learners from grades 8-12.
- Manage and execute the day-to-day operations of the workshops, student attendance, supplies, expenditure, custodials, security, safety and transportation of learners
- Plan and execute School Holiday Programmes and independent Lalela outings and events, which includes the management of venues, volunteers, transport, material, etc.
- Manage workload and administrative responsibilities, Facilitators contribute to the MEL system developed by Lalela by keeping meticulous record of student profiles, artwork with an ability to manage ongoing administrative workloads.
- Due to the nature of the female empowerment programme, we are only seeking female candidates.
- Strong commitment to promoting and achieving gender equality in South Africa.
- Have strong knowledge of facilitation methodology and experiential learning.
- A diploma / degree in Visual Art Education and/or Fine art or relevant diploma in the creative art or design industry. (Candidates need to be able to draw, as they will be teaching drawing and basic elements of visual art and design to learners.) This is not a performing arts or dance position.
- Minimum of two years’ previous visual art teaching / facilitation (South African) experience essential
- Must reside in Cape Town
- Prior (South African) work experience in the youth development sector is advantageous
- Previous work experience in the (South African) NGO or Youth Development sector advantageous
- Computer literacy Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media essential)
- Must have own vehicle with driver’s license, candidate without their own vehicle or license will not be considered
To apply, submit your CV, a motivational letter and current contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
If Lalela does not contact you, assume that your application was not successful.
No direct telephonic contact or personal correspondence will be accepted.
Candidates without relevant diploma or degree will not be considered.
For more about Lalela information, refer to www.lalela.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancie