IkamvaYouth is a leading and award-winning non-profit organisation that provides support to high school learners to ensure that they pass matric (Grade 12) and access post-school opportunities.
IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint a Business Development Manager to be based in Cape Town / Pretoria.
The purpose of this position is to lead a dynamic business development team to ensure that the organisation has the income it needs to maintain its operations and build long-term sustainability to do its important work. The Business Development Manager is also part of the Executive Management Team.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Remuneration: R448, 400 CTC per annum
- Ensuring that the department meets its fundraising, non-grant income, and reserve targets
- Development and implementation of a fundraising and non-grant income strategy to achieve greater financial sustainability
- Pioneer and develop new and innovative sources of funding
- Implementation of research and development projects regarding donor recruitment
- Develop and initiate strategies to ensure donor retention
- Preparation and management of the departmental budget
- Development, implementation, and management of the communication strategy
- Manage a Business Development team
- Active implementation and promotion of work culture in line with IY values
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies or a business-related degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales, fundraising, or business development
- Minimum of 2 years’ management experience
- Experience in grant management is required
- Proven fundraising/sales track record
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise multiple activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of computer and financial literacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact in a professional manner
- Working knowledge of Salesforce would be advantageous
- Commitment to IkamvaYouth’s five values and redressing inequalities through education
Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Business Development Manager”.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about IkamvaYouth, refer to http://ikamvayouth.org/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies