AQUITY INNOVATIONS NPC
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy Overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ a candidate to filling the position below.
The GIS Officer’s overall responsibility will include mapping of all intervention activities in the grant. The GIS Officer will be expected to develop systems for generating program data for reporting, generate pre and post-impact activity data and maps, liaise with surveillance bodies to verify effect grant activities, maintain data collection systems and provide M&E manager with solutions to address data collection challenges.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The GIS Officer is responsible for planning, designing, and implementation of data management systems to support the project goals and objectives of identifying the missing TB/DR TB patients in the target
districts, improving the quality of care for TB, TB/HIV patients and accelerating access to quality drug-resistant TB management.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organize logistics of software and hardware for data management
- Develop training/orientation materials, operational manual, and tools on the selected applications;
- Identify the users and their training needs, and develop a training plan for data management;
- Manage the information dashboard including internal and external dissemination of dashboard result
- Analyze data on a monthly/quarterly basis and prepare comprehensive reports to share with project staff,
- Generate impact maps and provide feedback to both the department of health and AQUITY Innovations.
- Work closely with the District M&E office to monitor progress on implementation and trends
- Provide regular updates to the team and also to prepare reports to the PR
- Work closely with NICD and other key partners to interpret data that is collected
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health
- GIS Training
- Public health background with at least 5 years or more experience in project management and supervision.
- Knowledge of GIS
- Knowledge of the South African health system (provincial, district, sub-district and facility levels) will be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of DOH data management systems.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A valid South African Drivers' license.
- Computer literacy and ability to work on different Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook Express, PowerPoint, etc.)
Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 15th of October 2019.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.