GreenMatter wishes to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated and responsible person as a project coordinator to coordinate the Climate Change Education project (Keep it cool) linked to the Fundisa for Change programme. The Fundisa for Change programme is a multi-stakeholder programme that seeks to support transformative environmental learning in teacher education.
GreenMatter seek to appoint a Project Coordinator to be based in Johannesburg.
Employment type: 2 year 9 month contract basis (reviewed yearly)
Start date: As soon as possible
Reference: FFCGMCCEPC 2019
- A 3 year tertiary qualification in environmental/ conservation field with an education, environmental education or climate change specialisation.
- Minimum of 5 years verifiable work experience in the environmental education or climate change field at a middle management level.
- A post graduate qualification in environmental education or climate change education will be an advantage.
- The incumbent must be computer literate and have good working knowledge of MS office programmes.
- Must be in possession of a valid (unendorsed) code B/EB drivers licence with at least two year’s driving experience.
- The position requires a confident communicator who is able to relate well with multiple stakeholders, educators and university staff, have good interpersonal skills, analytical thinking, report writing, leadership skills, financial management, problem solving, planning and organisational skills.
- The candidate should show an understanding of relevant policies, strategies and research reports for example the Department of Basic Education’s Curriculum and Assessment Policy statements (CAPS), Climate Change White Paper, the Environmental Sector Skills Plan, the National Environmental Management: Biodiversity Act (no 10 of 2004).
- The successful candidate must have proven experience in working cooperatively as part of a team and have good spoken and written communication skills in English and one other official language.
- Develop, plan and coordinate the timely implementation of the Climate Change Education project, including preparation of reports and documents as per donor’s requirements.
- Networking, planning, coordinating and participating in various fora, symposiums, seminars and conferences.
- Financial and budget management as per delegation
- Human Resource management for the project.
- Procurement, administration and logistics for the project
How to apply
Send your application by email to Neo Ntshobane – firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5pm on 18th October, 2019.
1. CV (including identity number, telephone number and email address of 3 references and certified copies of relevant qualifications and drivers licence),
2. A motivation letter must accompany the CV. In your motivation letter clearly indicate how/why you fit the profile of this advertisement, i.e. address each requirement of the profile and elaborate on how you fit that requirement. Max. 2 pages.
- A skills test maybe conducted as part of the selection process.
- GreenMatter reserves the right not to fill this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Failure to submit all requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Candidates who previously applied are encouraged to re-apply:Project Coordinator (Fundisa for Change: Climate Change Education)
GreenMatter is committed to providing equal opportunities and practising affirmative action employment.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about GreenMatter refer to http://www.greenmatterza.com
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies
Enquiries or for more information contact: email@example.com
Candidates are expected to be available for a selection interview on a date and time as determined by GreenMatter. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.