The Homestead Projects for Streetchildren
The Social Auxiliary Worker will take responsibility for the smooth day-to-day running of all activities at The Homestead Early Intervention Project in Valhalla Park (Drop-in Centre). This Centre offers therapeutic services, family support and development programmes to 80 vulnerable, abused and chronically neglected children. The incumbent will also be expected to assist and report to the Homestead Social worker & PEI Manager.
The Homestead seeks to appoint a Social Auxillary Worker based in Valhalla Park, Cape Town.
- Co-ordinate the Drop-in Centre Programmes in Valhalla Park
- Report to the Homestead PEI Manager
- Assist the children with individual & family therapeutic and development needs
- Develop and implement intervention plans to address identified needs
- Link and refer clients to the relevant resources
- Facilitate, plan, implement and run the Valhalla Park Drop-in Centre daily programme which includes after school support,a life-skills and nutrition programmes, a holiday programme as well as a parent training and family support programmes
- Complete home and school visits in the Valhalla Park communities as well as community awareness programme.
- Officially recognized Social Axillary Worker Qualification
- Current 2019/20 registration with the SA council for Social Service Professions
- Valid Drivers License ( Learners license will not be considered)
- Ability to work in Valhalla Park, Mannenberg and Khayelitsha
- Ability to complete admin requirements including capturing of Monitoring & Evaluation Statics, DSD TPA reporting requirements (IDPs etc)
- Afrikaans as a first language, with fluency in English ( Spoken and written)
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, email, social,media and the web
- 2 recent and contactable references, one of whom must be a previous employer
- Relevant work or volunteer experience as well as relevant local community knowledge
To apply, submit a CV detailing your chronological work experience along with a motivation letter and proof of SACSSP registration and drivers license to Julia@thehomestead.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Homestead Projects for Street Children, refer to www.homestead.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies