Centre For The Study Of Violence & Reconciliation
The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation which envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold states accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
CSVR seeks to appoint a Finance Officer to be based in Johannesburg.
Employment type: Full-time nine months’ contract.
- Preparation of financial paperwork for payment and processing of payments
- Filing of financial transactions
- Management of petty cash and event advances
- Capturing and updating financial transactions on Pastel for various bank accounts and projects, including bank reconciliations.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with internal and external audit reviews
- Assist with preparing donor financial reports
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Ability to work accurately with financial data
- Good computer skills, including Pastel Evolution and MS Excel (essential)
- An understanding of financial and administrative systems
- Good writing and verbal communication skills in English
- At least five (5) years’ experience in Accounting of which at least 2 years should be in the NGO / development sector
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and show initiative
Please submit letter of application, CV and names of two references, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line, to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation, refer to www.csvr.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies