Make A Difference Leadership Foundation
Make A Difference Leadership Foundation has, for the past 15 years, developed academically talented scholars with leadership potential into the future leaders of South Africa, transforming one scholar at a time. The Foundation for this vision is personal integrity, plus our core leadership values: passion, discipline, ambition, hard work, courage and confidence.
Make A Difference Leadership Foundation seeks to appoint Graphic Designer to be based in, Bellville, Cape Town.
Employment type: Hours – Full-time, fixed-term until mid-December 2019
- Internal customer consultation and briefing;
- alongside the Senior Fund Development Coordinator and Marketing Coordinator,
- gain an understanding of needs of internal customers,
- gather information from relevant stakeholders of ideas,
- goals and positioning as well ensure internal design briefs are completed including budget and design requirements.
- Meet with and get clear view of needs and update on spreadsheets for all copy deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat);
- Exceptional creativity and innovative ideas;
- Previous animation experience advantageous;
- Demonstrated time-management, prioritization and organisational skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail as well as ability to deliver;
- Demonstrated understanding of the latest trends; how they convert consumers;
- Professional approach to time, budget and deadlines;
- Excellent customer service focus with delivering to internal clients;
- Strong work ethic with a “can do” attitude;
- Flexible and adaptable to change; and
- A team player with the ability to contribute positively to team results.
- Additional Requirements:
- Valid driver's licence and reliable car
- South African citizen
- Clear criminal record
The successful candidate should have at least 1 – 2 years’ minimum experience in the field as well as hold a tertiary qualification in Graphic Design.
Internal Customers Design options and ideas; manage the brief from typesetting through to develop design options and ideas for internal customers, ensure designs (graphic and or visual) are meeting the key goals and reaching the identified consumers
Concept and Design; alongside the Marketing Coordinator develop concepts, graphics and layouts for organisational, project or campaign illustrations, social media, magazine, proposals, presentations, logos, branding and websites.
Layout and Copy: determining size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and font style and size, preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief, reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required, liaising with Marketing Coordinator on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met.
Administration and support; provide ad hoc support to internal customers as required, work to deadlines and tasks provided by Marketing Coordinator and/or Senior Fund Development Coordinator. Provide support to all marketing initiatives as required including social media posts, website design as well as ad hoc duties.
To apply, please request an application form from Jocelyn at email@example.com. Please ensure to send a copy of or link to your design portfolio when applying. A design assignment prior to interview selection will take place as part of the recruitment process.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
We reserve the right to not fill this post.
For more about MAD Leadership Foundation, refer to www.madleadership.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies