Hope Africa Collective
Hope Africa Collective is a Christian faith-based registered non-profit organisation based in Philippi, Cape Flats, Cape Town, founded in 2012. Our mission is to transform individuals through holistic skills development programs, equipping people to build better lives for themselves, their families, their churches and their communities. Our skills programs include Computing, Trade Skills (Welding/Carpentry), Hair Styling, Business, Leadership, Biblical Ministry and Discipleship.
Hope Africa Collective seeks to apoint a Senior Bookkeeper to bebased in Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to administer and monitor all aspects of the accounting needs, including tax & payroll. To provide financial reporting and analysis to support the leaders, directors and board in decision making. This is a sole charge position reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the Hope Africa Collective finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner, including
- Assist with preparation of the budgets
- Implement all financial policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain robust cash controls, and monitor reserves
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements
- All accounts receiveable and accounts payable
- Ensure all transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system, with all transactions being supported by documentation (scanned & filed).
- Prepare monthly financial statements, as well as other ad hoc reports/analysis
- Assist with the annual audit
- Administer employee files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances
- Administer the monthly payroll in order to ensure that employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner
- Administer SARS and other government returns to ensure that Hope Africa Collective remains compliant with all government requirements
- Other HR and financial areas, as required, such as registrations, licences, fixed asetts, etc.
- Diploma/Degree in Financial Accounting
- Work experience in bookkeeping, especially using Pastel Accounting (Sage 50)
- Driver's Licence
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, plus familarity with Word & PowerPoint
- Experience with a payroll system - we use Sage Business Payroll & SARS E@syFile
- Familiarity with the employment and tax rules in South Africa
- Some ability to review/analyse financial accounts
- English is a must. IsiXhosa would be a bonus.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
- A detailed, organised person with a friendly outgoing personal attitude.
- Reliable, trustworthy, high integrity and someone who represents clearly the values of Hope Africa Collective.
- Able to easily get along with others, not bothered by interuptions, enjoys working cross-culturally and must be a team-player.
To apply, please send a cover letter, your CV and any relevant qualifications/certificates to us by email, at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
NB: Please Indicate the position title and your name in the subject line
Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
We will constantly review applications as they are received and may invite any applicant to an immediate interview. As such, we reserve the right to fill this vacancy before the advertised closing date. Please note however that an application will not in itself entitle you to an interview or appointment.
Anyone who does not receive a reply from us within one month of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful.
This is a vacancy for an existing position, is full-time and is based in Lower Crossroads, Philippi East, Cape Town.
For more about Hope Africa Collective, refer to https://www.hopeafrica.co.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies