Christine Revell Children's Home
Christine Revell Children’s Home provides full-time care for up to 49 babies and children from birth to five years of age who have been referred to them by social workers and placed there by order of a children’s court. The children are either neglected, abandoned, abused, orphaned and are accepted at the home irrespective of HIV status, race or gender.
Christine Revell Children's Home seeks to appoint a Child and Youth Care Worker Group A Position to be based in Cape Town.
Start date: working on 1st December 2019
- Child and Youth Care Qualification
- Good understanding of the Child and Youth Care field
- Good understanding of children that come from traumatic backgrounds
- Ability to work with children aged 0 – 18 months
- Good organizational skills
- Understanding and insight into demands of residential care
- Good interpersonal skills
- Registered Child and Youth Care Worker with at least 3 years’ experience working in the field of child care
- children from the age’s birth to 5 years
- Driver’s License will be an advantage
- Supervise; manage and provide activities for the children
- Liaising with Social Worker and Doctors
- Understanding of the Children’s Act and familiar with Regulations
- Basic Administration and Report Writing Skills
- Assists in the formulating of Individual Developmental Plans & Care Plans
- Individual therapy with children – play therapy will be an advantage
- Working within a Multi-Disciplinary Team
- Ability to work Independently
- Programme Planning
We offer a salary that commensurate with experience/ training completed, pension and leave benefits. T’s and C’s apply.
Please send your CV and application letter to email@example.com by Friday, 11 October 2019. No late applications will be considered.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Attention: The Management Committee
Christine Revell Children’s Home
Huntley Street (off Wallis Street)
(Next to Spes Bona High School)