Cape Town TV
Cape Town TV - known as CTV - is a nonprofit, community-based television station aimed at the greater Cape Town metropolitan area. Founded by over 200 nonprofit organisations in 2006, CTV is committed to providing community access to the powerful medium of television as a tool to promote human rights, social justice and community cultural development. As a community broadcaster Cape Town TV encourages active community participation and, in order to achieve this, the channel offers workshops to specific target groups such as member organisations, local producers, staff and interns.
CTV seeks to appoint 20 Interns to be placed in specialist positions in a variety of media disciplines like television/video production, Camera operation, Sound technology, Digital graphics, Video editing, Vision mixing, Producing, Media, Journalism, Media sales and Library/archiving.
Employment type: 12-month internship
- NQF Level 5 qualification in a media-related field of study
- Be a South African citizen or permanent resident;
- Be competent in at least two languages (i.e. English, Afrikaans or Xhosa);
- Be between the ages of 21-35;
- Live within commuting distance from our premises in Observatory;
- Commit to a 12-month contract with Cape Town TV;
- Adhere to the policies, procedures and accept the supervision of CTV during the course of the internship;
- Be willing to participate fully in the activities of the internship and adhere to CTV’s organisational ethos and culture.
To apply, please send:
- Motivation letter as to why you would like to participate in this internship;
- Copy of your valid South African Identity Document;
- CV with at least three contactable referees.
Email applications to: Joan Daries firstname.lastname@example.org
Address for drop off: Unit 6 Observatory Office Park, 9 Lower Scott Road, Observatory, Cape Town.