Family Health International (FHI 360)
FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of Director of Financial Management & Operations – South Africa - VMMC for the EpiC project in South Africa. The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In South Africa, EpiC will be implementing a voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) service delivery project which aims to reduce HIV infections through targeted provision of VMMC in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will increase demand for and provide high quality, high volume cost-efficient VMMC services in South Africa, coordinate with USAID’s Global Health Supply Chain implementing partner and support the transition of direct VMMC service delivery to the Government of South Africa.
- The Director of Financial Management & Operations will be responsible for the overall financial management and administration of the program.
- The Director of Financial Management & Operations will ensure compliance with FHI 360 and USAID financial and accounting procedures, rules and regulations.
- S/he will lead budget development, financial reporting, monitor program expenditures and maintain financial filing systems.
- S/he will be responsible for sub-award management, monitoring and compliance and will provide capacity development and technical support to sub-awardees to strengthen their grant management systems and ensure strong management of sub-agreements.
- The Director of Financial Management & Operations will provide guidance, monitoring and support to project team, including procurement for goods and services, logistical support for local and international travel (including expense reports) for staff and consultants, contracts development and management and maintenance of office inventory.
- S/he will ensure that USAID resources are appropriately directed to project priorities and are in line with project work plans.
- This position will also oversee administrative procedures for the project and ensure program actions are in compliance with USG and FHI 360 regulations including procurement, travel, human resources and other administrative policies.
The following are the minimum qualifications required for the position:
- Master’s degree in financial management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant field, or a Bachelor’s or certified accounting degree with 10 years of experience;
- Five years of relevant experience with financial analysis, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development and forecasting, preferably on international health projects;
- Ten years accounting, operations and financial management of large-scale, international development assistance programs;
- Demonstrated experience with USG cost principles, including PEPFAR regulations, GAAP accounting rules and grants contract management;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets;
- Experience developing and/or implementing finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems;
- Experience developing and/or implementing office administrative policies, procedures and systems;
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases;
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The position will ideally be based in Pretoria, South Africa and work out of the FHI 360 office. Preference is for South African nationals or expatriate professionals already residing in South Africa.
Applicants may visit the FHI 360 Careers Page to search, view and apply for posted jobs. Jobs seeking only internal candidates will not appear in external search results. FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Requisition: Requisition - 2019201640 Director of Financial Management & Operations