African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP)
The African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP) is an independent non-profit organization founded in 2012 by a partnership of African development organizations. It was built on the work of the Comprehensive African Agriculture Development Program (CAADP), a framework for achieving ambitious agriculture development goals set in place by African nations and leaders.
The African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP) seeks to appoint an Accounts Coordinator to be based in Johannesburg.
Employment type: Twelve Months, renewable.
- Registering of New Account Codes on the Accounting System.
- Handling of Local & Field Offices Supplier payments – taking into consideration the Withholding Taxes and Vat for various countries AFAP operates in.
- Verifying/Checking Supplier payments ensuring proper processes & procedures are followed.
- Investigating and resolving supplier invoices under query.
- Setting up payments on the bank system.
- Posting of payments on the Accounting system.
- Follow up on Travel liquidations/Expense Claims; check and approve the accuracy of the information, post information on the Accounting System.
- Posting of Accruals & Pre-payments.
- Raising month-end Journals and ensuring that the information is accurately collated & entered into the system.
- Petty Cash Accounts – Checking, authorizing, recording information on to the system & reconciliation of Petty Cash Accounts.
- Reconciling General Ledger Accounts.
- Cashbooks/Bank Accounts - Check bank balances, record bank deposits, investigate funds returned by the Bank, prepare Cash flow report & Month-end Bank Reconciliations.
- Writing off exchange rate variances on Bank Control Accounts.
- Assist Auditors during audits and ensure the timeous submission requested information to the Auditors.
- Assisting on any task given by the Financial Director.
- Able to read and understand Contracts while adhering to guidelines for processes and compliance.
- Grade 12/Matric
- Accounting Diploma or Equivalent an added advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a busy organization in a finance role;
- Attention to detail.
- Extensive experience of using and running financial systems, ensuring compliance, maintaining accurate records and reporting against general good accounting practice.
- Excellent spoken and written English is required.
- Knowledge of the donor environment is essential.
- Experience in working with different currencies.
Qualified applicants, please send your CV and a one-page cover letter to support your application, along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about The African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP), refer to https://www.afap-partnership.org/about-us-2/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies