OUT is more than 24 years old and serve the lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender (LGBT) community in Pretoria and beyond. We are one of the oldest LGBT community groups in South Africa. Our main focus is on health issues of Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) and LGBT people, hate crimes and community building.
Do you want to contribute to the equality of LGBTI people in South Africa and have needed expertise?
OUT is currently recruiting for up to five new, volunteer Board members.
- An OUT Board Member usually have a great passion for:
- LGBTI issues,
- Human rights and
- Service delivery.
- S/he holds expertise in areas such as
- Public health,
- Medical science,
- Mental health,
- Organisational development,
- Financial management,
- Performance management,
- Legal aspects, advocacy and representation and related.
The OUT Board’s primary role is to:
- provide strategic direction to the organisation.
- They meet between 4-6 times per year for a 5- hour meetings.
- They are responsible for the evaluation of the Director’s performance, adopting the annual plan and cash flow projection, approval of the annual report and audited statements and on-going operational guidance.
FOR ALL APPLICATIONS:
If you are interested in making available your expertise to serve the LGBTI community on a volunteer basis, please submit a CV to Johan Meyer at email@example.com; 012-430 3272.
Please only submit a 3-page (max) CV, without supporting documentation (certificates, degrees) and with 3 contactable references.