Southern Africa Trust
The Southern Africa Trust was established in 2005, to support civil society organisations in southern Africa to participate effectively and with credibility in policy dialogue so that the voices of the poor can have better impact in the development of public policies. Our mandate is to work on a non-profit basis, to engage in activities that contribute to the reduction of poverty & inequality. In delivering this mandate, we strive to strengthen the voices of poor people in public policy processes. Africans deserve an economy that allows each person to lead a dignified and meaningful life. We believe inclusive economies are critical for reducing poverty and inequality and unlocking the potential of regional integration to generate jobs, drive innovation, protect the environment and generate economic opportunities for all.
The Southern Africa Trust seeks to a Development and Sustainability Manager to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Reports to: the Chief Executive Officer
The purpose of this position is to develop and manage the new business entity in so far as developing new business relationships leading to the generation of new income streams for the Trust. This will involve identifying new markets and business opportunities to improve market position and achieve financial growth. To achieve this, the ideal candidate will need to develop systems and processes aimed at increasing sustainability performance of the Trust, including ensuring compliance with legal and environmental instruments as well as have the responsibility of pulling together all elements of the Trust’s sustainability portfolio.
- Developing and implementing strategy
- Driving business development & sustainability
- Supporting revenue creation through management and coordination of:
- Policy and Advisory services
- Inclusive Business strategies
- CSO Mapping and Rating
- Fund Management
- Office Rentals
- Marketing, communications and stakeholder relations
- Management of the Trust's investment activities in line with the Trust’s investment policy.
- Sector research and analysis of markets
- Preparing and submitting reports to executive management of the Trust.
- Competencies You Must Bring
- An Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong Strategic leadership and business management skills
- Ability to lead change and provide strategic input
- Demonstrable ability to meet objectives within challenging timelines.
- Analytical ability and Decisiveness
- Understanding of investment sector.
- A passion for development and an understanding of poverty and inequality
- Understanding of Corporate governance principles
- Project management and stakeholder engagement
- A sound understanding of global poverty challenges, human rights development and media.
- Sound knowledge of all applicable legislation
- Demonstrated experience of working in and coordinating diverse teams
- Strong negotiation skills with diverse stakeholders including private and public sector.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to an ever-shifting business environment and coming up with new and innovative ideas.
- Com degree plus an MBA or equivalent
- 5 to 8 years’ of corporate / relevant experience, of which at least 3 to 4 years must have be in the business development area.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written proficiency)
- Knowledge of French and Portuguese will be an added advantage
Please forward your curriculum vitae and covering letter explaining of your interest in the work of the Trust to email email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please include “Business Development & Sustainability Manager” in the email subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Southern Africa Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
For more about The Southern Africa Trust, refer to www.southernafricatrust.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies