AQUITY Innovations NPC
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy Overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
AQUITY seeks to appoint Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (1) to be based in Ehlanzeni District
Remuneration: Will be based on the government DPSA rate (Level 9, notch 6). for this position.
- Establishing strong working relationships with key district and facility Managers dealing with Monitoring & Evaluation /Information management, and programmes supported to facilitate effective collaboration, information sharing and communication
- Developing district M&E plan
- Contributing to the improvement of Health Information Systems (HIS), M&E activities, Data Quality with the district DOH and facilities by undertaking visits to district/facilities as needed to support and/or mentor data collection/collation or verify data quality or carry out spot checks/views
- Conducting basic data analysis and interpretation, as required for programme support and also for reporting
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual programmatic performance reports
- Support implementation of TIER TB Module
- data, document best practices, trends and success stories
- Participating in meetings and workshops related to health information/M&E at district and facility level and report on progress of activities
- Conducting training and capacity building to data capturers and other programme staff
- Provide inputs for the monthly and annual project performance reports
- An appropriate degree in Public Health, Social, Statistics, Information or in related/relevant field
- An additional qualification in M&E will be an advantage
- Minimum of five years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with substantial experience in public health and monitoring and evaluation capacity building
- Good understanding of public health programmes
- Sound knowledge and experience in Health information management systems and policies
- Demonstrate experience in performing data analysis and interpreting results correctly
- Knowledge of MS software packages and databases
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets and data analytical skills.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date 06 September 2019.