AQUITY Innovations (NPC)
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
AQUITY seeks to appoint TB Medical Officers (2) Ehlanzeni District (1) and O.R Tambo District (1).
Remuneration: Based on the 2019 DPSA rate for Grade 3 Level 11
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Working with districts to support all TB related activities under the grant
- Ensuring that routine testing of newly diagnosed HIV positive clients for TB is conducted.
- Ensuring that there is routine testing of HIV positive pregnant women for TB on enrolment in antenatal care.
- Ensuring that testing of clients for TB using X-pert ultra and urine LAM is done.
- Ensuring treatment of all eligible patients for LTBI.
- Supporting the roll out of 3HP.
- Ensuring and supporting monitoring and reporting and management of adverse drug events for first line TB medicines (ADSM).
- Conducting capacity building for health care workers on clinical management, infection
control and ethics.
- Monitoring and support project staff placed at facility level.
- Conducting quality of care assessments.
- Providing support to decentralised sites.
- Ability to compile and submit monthly and quarterly technical reports
- Provide activity-based reports as per the project guidelines
- A Medical Degree and HPCSA registration
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in TB, DR-TB, TB/HIV
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and experience at facility level
- Proven health systems strengthening and QI experience
- Sound programme management skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent reporting and documenting skills
- Ability to build interpersonal relationships.
- High level of decision making and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience in clinical & research environment would be an advantage.
To Apply email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date 5 September 2019
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about AQUITY Innovations, refer to http://www.aquity.org/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies