|Vacancy||Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (2x Positions; Mafikeng and Johannesburg)|
|Role description||The M&E Officer is a 2.5 year (October – March 2020) seconded position created to provide overall Technical Assistance in implementation, monitoring and reporting on the relevant Provincial Implementation Plan (PIP) for HIV, TB & STI – 2017 – 2022. The Mafikeng position will be placed at the Office of the Premier, and the Johannesburg position will be placed at the Department of Health.|
|Location||Mafikeng & Johannesburg|
|Closing date||17h00 on Wednesday, 11 September 2019|
NACOSA is a network of over 1,500 civil society organisations working to turn the tide on HIV, AIDS and TB in Southern Africa. NACOSA promotes dialogue, builds capacity with accredited training, mentoring and technical assistance and channels resources to support service delivery on the ground, particularly among key populations, vulnerable children and women and girls. As a community of learning, as well as a large grant-maker, NACOSA is a rewarding environment for people who want to make a difference in the HIV, AIDS and TB response.
Support implementation of the Provincial Implementation Plan for HIV, TB & STIs - 2017-2022
- Coordinate and Support the development of Provincial Implementation Plans and Multi-Sectoral District Implementation Plans (MDIPS)
- Liaise with Principal Recipient, PCA partners, and other local stakeholders on HIV and AIDS and other implementing partners to ensure that HIV/AIDS, TB and STIs related programme and project activities are carried out at all levels according to agreed work plans.
- On behalf of PCA, participate in relevant technical coordination forums and provide support and coordination of HIV/STI related work in donor funded implementing partners forums.
- Build operational alliances with government departments, civil society and communities to support tracking and monitoring of PIP
- Provides technical assistance on strategic program implementation to CBOs sub-partners implementing the Department of Social Development Social Behaviour Change program.
- Support the implementation of HIV prevention programs for key and vulnerable populations (i.e. as Sex Workers, LGBTI, PWID and AGYW).
- Support the implementation of the Community Resources and Systems programme at provincial level.
- Support the coordination of provincial commemorative events (World AIDS day, World TB Day, Youth day, Civil Society Summits)
Strengthen monitoring and evaluation for the Provincial Implementation Plan for HIV, TB & STIs - 2017-2022
- Support the development of a M&E Plan, framework and evidence-based targets for the Provincial HIV, TB & STIs response.
- Liaise and work closely with Provincial & District level partners including GF, GIZ, bilateral agencies including PEPFAR, International NGOs and Implementing Partners, to harmonize and advance an evidence-informed approach to the Provincial AIDS response.
- Collect, consolidate and analysing PIP data for PCAs.
- Build the capacity of PCAs, DACs and LACs in monitoring and evaluation methodologies, and analysis and use of data.
- Support the development of simple data management systems for PCAs, DACs and LACs to enable effective tracking of key M & E activities undertaken
- Coordinate the development of an easily accessible information library/repository on the PCA website.
- Lead development and dissemination of PCA knowledge management activities - fact sheets, repackage of secondary information - for use by different stakeholders.
- Support the conducting of PIP Mid & End Term Reviews and other evaluation studies as necessary.
Lead the reporting for the Provincial Implementation Plan for HIV, TB & STIs - 2017-2022
- Support the reporting of all programmatic data at Provincial level and contributes data and analyses to the National level.
- Lead the reporting on Key Populations programs at Provincial level and contributes data and analyses to the National level.
- Coordinate the capacity building of District counterparts in data collection, data analysis, reporting and using evidence for programming;
- Review Implementing Partners and PCA Sectors reports (site visits, monthly/quarterly narrative, data, mentoring and supervision, etc.) and follow up of challenges.
- Coordinate the development of District AIDs Council quarterly and annual activity reports as aligned with Annual Performance Plans
- Prepare reports and/or presentations on programmatic goals and achievements for various audiences as needed.
Organisational Ethos, Professional and Personal Development
- Uphold and exemplify PCA/NACOSA, its vision, mission, values and objectives.
- Uphold and implement PCA/NACOSA’s policies and procedures.
- Attend meetings, workshops, conferences and training courses as required
- Identify personal growth needs and attend relevant staff enrichment training sessions
- A relevant degree and or diploma public health or related field, behavioural or social science, or equivalent.
- A M&E qualification will be an added advantage
- Min 5 years’ experience in results-based M&E, including working knowledge of M&E systems, data collection, analysis and reporting of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Proven experience in implementing social development programs and/or strengthening HIV/AIDS and TB programmes
- Advanced computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Experience in data management software will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills in 2 official languages, including English.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Own transport and the ability and willingness to travel.
- South African citizen or valid Work Permit.
- NGO experience and experience in HIV/AIDS and TB will be advantageous.
To apply, visit our job portal at https://nacosa.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/ to register, load your CV and motivational letter.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, only applications submitted online will be considered.
CLOSING DATE: 17h00 on Wednesday, 11 September 2019
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks consider your application as unsuccessful. NACOSA reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
- NACOSA respects the privacy of its stakeholders and will treat all personal information provided in line with our recruitment policy and in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.