Columba Leadership’s is an NGO that activates youth enterprise and employment by helping young people transcend their personal circumstances and offers meaningful social impact to all investors.
Columba Leadership seeks to appoint a School Engagement Officer to be based in Bloemfontein, Free State and Cape Town, Western Cape.
The purpose of the position is to be responsible for the school based engagements of the programme. The candidate must be able to work as a thinking and support partner to the school stakeholders (principals, educators and learners) and will play a key role in monitoring of progress, evaluating results and reporting.
- Responsible for conducting Area Research
- Conduct principal information sessions to engage principals
- Enable Youth Engagement in Partner Schools: Facilitate Principal engagement together with the Provincial Manager
- Conduct educator sessions to engage educators
- Conduct learner sessions to engage learners
- Communicate with Principals, Educators and Learners on an ongoing basis
- Stakeholder engagement with the Department of Education, Investors, Government Representatives – at a high level
- Implement Monitoring and Evaluation plan with support from Monitoring and Evaluation Team
- Prepare and submit reports to Provincial Manager
- Transcribe recorded interviews
- Contribute to provincial reports for investors – identifying and sharing positive stories
- Provide corporate engagement support during school visits
- Activate and mobilise School Clusters: Facilitation of cluster sessions
- Involvement in Youth Connexion events
- Must be in possession of a Bachelor of Psychology or a Bachelor of Education Degree or a Social Sciences Degree
- Coaching/Mentoring Qualification will be an added advantage
- Must have 3 to 5 years experience working in schools at a Principal and Educator level
- Must be proficient in MS Office and competence in MS Projects advantageous
- Excellent report writing skills essential
- Proficiency in written and verbal English
- Good interpersonal skills, have the ability to take initiative and be a team player
- Ability to work independently
- Adaptabilitiy and ability to work in a fluid environment
- Planning skills
- Administratively strong
Interested parties should consider their current strengths in view of the requirements of this position and their willingness to commit to the above. If interested CV applications, together with a letter of motivation, should be submitted to email@example.com Clearly state which position you are applying for – either Free State or Western Cape.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note that an application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment.
Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
For more about Columba Leadership, refer to www.columba.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies
Should you not be contacted within one month of the closing date, please consider the position filled.