Earlybird is a social enterprise that seeks to address the shortage of high-quality Early Childhood Development (ECD) services in South Africa by opening a network of workplace- and community-based educare centres across the country.
Earlybird seeks to appoint a Operations Director, to be based in Johannessburg.
If you are passionate about early childhood development and are looking for a rewarding, challenging, flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities to learn, then please get in touch with us! We are targeting a total cost-to-company annual salary range of
Remuneration: R480,000 – R540,000
- Supervising contractors in the renovation and fitting out of each of our new educare centres during the months leading up to their opening dates.
- Procurement of educational supplies and furnishings for educare centres and development of a procurement database and ordering system
- Working with our Training and School Management Director on recruitment and hiring of principals and teachers
- Working on parent enrolment drives ahead of centre openings and during the early months of operation.
- Liaising with parents during their enrolment process.
- Managing compliance: required construction certifcates, Department of Social Development registration.
- Ongoing Educare Centre Management Support
- Working with our CFO to develop an efficient monthly financial managemnet process for our centres (using our custom bookeeping app, and standard accounting software such as Xero).
- Working with educare centre principals to ensure they are implementing the monthly financial management process correctly.
- Reviewing our school management data dashboard and ensuring that attendance, enrolment, visitors, incident, medication, teacher planning, teacher check-in and child observation data is being entered accurately and timeously on our school management app by the educare centre principals and teachers.
- Corporate Partnership Relationship Development and Management
- Working with our Head of Business Development and CEO to identify potential corporate partners and pitch our offering at high-level management meetings with partner corporates, as well as at conferences and events.
- Establishing effective lines of communication with existing corporate partners and maintain a positive relationship with all key stakeholders.
- Headoffice Operations and Communications Support
- Managing website content updates together with web-developer
- Reporting to funders and investors
- Collecting and filing employee receipts for outsourced accounting provider.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience, preferably with exposure in the property development, project management, design, and/or marketing/communications space(s).
- Hold a Bachelors degree or higher.
- Possess strong people-management and team-work skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple and overlapping deadlines almost exclusively on one’s own.
- Willing and able to gain a working knowledge of concepts in the fields of early education and education technology.
- A creative problem-solver who is undaunted by the inevitable challenges that will crop up as we work to break new ground in South Africa’s under-developed Early Childhood Development sector.
- Based in Johannesburg. Available to start 1 November 2019 or sooner.
If you feel this position is a good fit for you please submit a cover letter and your CV (with at least two professional references) to info[at]earlybirdeducare.co.za.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about EarlybirdEducare, refer to www.earlybirdeducare.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies