Muscular Dystrophy Foundation Cape Branch (MDF)
Muscular Dystrophy Foundation Cape Branch, is an NGO providing services and support to persons affected by Muscular Dystrophy.
Muscular Dystrophy Foundation Cape branch seeks to appoint a General Manager to be based in Goodwood, Northen suburb of Cape Town.
- ·To liaise and support staff in all office related matters.
- ·To support members affected by Muscular Dystrophy and Neuromuscular disorders.
- To attend monthly committee meetings, Adult Support Groups, Branch and National AGM.
- To conduct weekly staff meetings.
- Attend Department of Social Development stakeholder meetings and other business related meetings.
- Monthly report back on matters arising in Cape Branch to National Office
- To assist with Department of Social Development returns and deliver the documents
- Conduct monthly check ins and year end performance discussions with staff
- Oversee all staff leave requests and absenteeism
- Oversee all payments of accounts, petty cash, banking, EFT payments and salaries
- Ensure all budget requirements are met
- Oversee annual audit conducted by our bookkeepers and submit monthly documentation to bookkeepers
- Arrange all annual and monthly events as required.
- Arrange repairs to mobility equipment with Vendors
- Oversee volunteers working in the Bargain Shop.
- Update the branch database and send updates to the National office
- Oversee and proof read articles for quarterly magazine and submit information to National Office to be published
- Do the shopping for all events and office
- Source for new sponsorships annually
- Recruit new staff if and when required
- To assist with other office/work tasks as required.
- Qualification in Management/Leadership
- Qualification in Office Administration
- Qualification in Fundraising would be advantages
- Advanced Computer Literacy is a must and Powerpoint presentation skills
- Fluent in writing and speaking in English and Afrikaans
- Salary will be discussed in interviews
- A valid Code 8 drivers licence is essential
To apply, submit a 2 page CV and motivational letter and address it to The Manager, Vanessa Jordaan at email@example.com or fax to: 086 535 1387/ Enquiries: 021 592 7306
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only applicants that fit the above-mentioned criteria will be considered for the position. Should you not hear from us within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
MDF reserves the right not to make an appointment on all short-listed candidates.
For more about the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation, refer to www.mdsa.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies