AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA)
FIXED TERM CONTRACT VACANCY
September 2019 – March 2020
Logistics and Administration Officer: HIV Prevention Programme
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a Durban-based NGO that acts as an interface between Donors and Community Based Organisations (CBO’s) working in the HIV/AIDS sector by placing donor funds with strategically selected CBOs, in South Africa, and providing them with ongoing, technical support & capacity building.
The HIV Prevention Department is made up of a number of programmes that collectively aim to collective prevent the evolution of the HIV epidemic in South Africa. See the AFSA website for more information of each of the programmes (https://www.aids.org.za/programme/hiv-combination-prevention-programme/). AFSA wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to provide programme administration support and assist with logistics for travel, meetings and/or conferences.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organise and coordinate logistics for site visits, workshops, training courses and meetings for the HIV prevention programme
- Draft and submit requisitions for HIV Prev programme related activities such as, but not limited to, training venues, travel and accommodation and printing of training material
- Ensure HIV Prevention office has adequate stationary and printing paper
- Ensure timesheets are collected and submitted to finance
- Liaise with site offices to provide admin support
- National Senior Certificate, A-Levels and or Grade 12 equivalent
- Tertiary qualification advantageous
- Experience with administration and logistics
- Experience working on Pastel Evolution for procurement requisitions and purchase order generation essential
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work independently
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV, along with cover letter and certified copies of certificates and ID with the reference “Logistics and Administration Officer” in the subject line via emails to email@example.com no later than 25/08/2019.
Please note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered.
Alternatively you may apply directly on our website at https://www.aids.org.za/vacancies/
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted - should you not hear from us two week after closing date, you may consider your application unsuccessful.
AFSA reserves the right not to make an appointment and/or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
AFSA is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people living with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with AFSA’s remuneration policies.