Child Welfare Kempton Park
CWSA (Child Welfare South Africa) is an umbrella body representing 164 child welfare affiliates, 30 developing organisations, 25 outreach projects and 206 communities. Collectively we reach about 2 million children, their families and caregivers.
Child Welfare Kempton Park seeks to appoint 3 Social Workers to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of this position is to provide Social Work Services through the promotion of social change, problem solving in human relationships and the empowerment and liberation of people to enhance social well-being.
- A formal tertiary qualification in Social Work (Bachelor of Social Work); Compulsory registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions as Social Worker.
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation, policies and prescripts; Good communication (verbal and written)skills in English and at least two of the official languages in Gauteng( Sotho, Zulu, Tswana; Afrikaans will be an added advantage; Report writing skills; Sound Interpersonal relations; Customer Service Orientation/ Diversity Citizenship skills; Self-management and motivation skills
- Render a social work service with regard to the prevention, care, support, protection and development and empowerment of vulnerable individuals, groups, families and communities through the relevant programmes; Attend to any other matters that could result in, or stem from, social instability in any form.
- Conduct assessments to identify conditions in individuals, groups, families and communities that justify relevant interventions; Identify and make recommendations on the appropriate interventions required to address the identified conditions; Develop, determine and plan programmes/services to render the recommended interventions efficiently, effectively and economically.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the recommended interventions, report on progress and identify further/amended interventions to address the identified conditions; Implement the recommended interventions by providing continuous support, counseling, guidance and advice to the affected individuals, groups, families and communities.
- Produce and maintain records of social work interventions, processes and outcomes.
- Study, interpret and apply the social services legal and policy framework continuously.
- Perform all the administrative functions required of the job.
SEND OR FAX YOUR CV TO [firstname.lastname@example.org] NB: No hand delivered CV’s will be accepted.
Child Welfare Kempton Park is committed to the achievement and employment equity and diversity especially in respect of race, gender and disability.
People with disability are encouraged to apply and will be given first preference.
Appointment will be made subject to completion of reference checks.
Child Welfare Kempton Park reserves the right to approve and decline the appointment.
If you do not receive any response from us within 7 days of closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful,