International Labour Research and Information Group
The International Labour Research and Information Group (ILRIG) is an independent NGO based in Cape Town and in Johannesburg. ILRIG provides popular educational resources and information for workers’ organisations, workers’ struggles and social movements in South Africa based on research on political economy, community struggles, feminism and international politics. ILRIG seeks to generate alternative perspectives to that of neo-liberal capitalism
ILRIG seeks to appoint a Research and Education Officer to be based in Johannessburg.
Remuneration: R 262 212 before tax P.A.
- Applications are invited from individuals,
- who are committed to and have been involved in struggles for social justice,
- capable of undertaking quality research and conducting popular education workshops,
- can work collaboratively and contribute to critical thought.
- Applicants should have experience in working with workers and community activists,
- as well as more general knowledge of developments and struggles within social/community movements in South Africa, and elsewhere.
Women are specifically encouraged to apply and will be given preference.
Over and above this, staff are provided with medical aid and a provident fund.
Telephone 021 4476375 and send application letters, letters of motivation, CVs and 3 contactable work-related references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the International Labour Research and Information Group, refer to www.ilrigsa.org.za
If you have not been contacted within 1 months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies