African Men for Sexual Health and Rights (AMSHeR)
AMSHeR strives for a future when every country in Africa will enable safe, healthy, productive and fulfilling lives for all its people, irrespective of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. AMSHeR’s mission is to strengthen capacity, partnerships and collaborations amongst LGBT+ focused civil society organisations in Africa and to deepen alliances with other social movements that champion health, human rights, social justice and development.
AMSHeR, a Pan-African coalition of LGBT+ led organisations, is seeks to appoint a Finance Manager to be based at AMSHeR’s secretariat in Johannesburg.
Established ten years ago, AMSHeR has emerged as one of the most authoritative and influential pan-African organisations working on LGBT+ issues. The Finance Manager position is critical to the realisation of AMSHeR’s mission and will be responsible for managing the organisation’s finance and financial reporting.
- Implementation of financial policies, and procedures, and providing financial advisory support to the organisation’s strategy development process.
- Undertaking general accounting work, ensuring financial compliance, managing financial reporting, sub-granting processes and completion of audit functions on time.
- Ensuring proper and timely filing of tax and other statutory returns, and periodic audits. The position also includes contributing to resource mobilisation activities.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Finance or Accounting degree;
- Professional accounting qualification such as CPA or ACCA;
- Minimum of five (5) years management experience in a busy organisation in a middle management role;
- Experience in a middle level financial management position.
- Extensive experience of using and running financial systems, ensuring compliance, maintaining accurate records and reporting against general good accounting practice.
- Experience with complex project based finances is necessary, including multiple reporting requirements.
- Excellent spoken and written English is required. Additional language/s (e.g. French) would be highly desirable
- Experience in managing grant-making activities and non-profit sector resource mobilisation is an advantage.
- Experience in an audit environment is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of donor environment is essential.
Interested applicants should submit (1) a cover letter of no more than two pages summarising your motivation and qualifications for the post; your salary expectations; (2) a comprehensive CV; and (3) names, email addresses and phone numbers for three referees, including at least one referee who can speak to performance in your current role.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com , no later than Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 17:00 South African time.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Suitably qualified lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Given the sensitive nature of AMSHeR’s advocacy in most African Countries, only a candidate who demonstrates a keen awareness of, and savviness to these issues and the realities of the African political and social contexts will be appointed.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies