University Research Co. LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID TB South Africa Project
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Duration: 6 Months
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems.
Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
The USAID Tuberculosis South Africa Project is five-year contract which builds upon interventions and achievements from URC’s current USAID TB CARE II South Africa and the prior TB Program South Africa. TB CARE II activities supported the South Africa National Department of Health’s (NDOH) TB prevention and control efforts, working closely with national and provincial partners to close identified gap areas and further develop sustainable systems that can carry forward long-term improvements in TB and drug-resistant (DR) TB diagnosis, care, and treatment services.
Tuberculosis South Africa Project will help the government of South Africa further reduce TB infections, with the ultimate goal of ending TB once and for all. To reach this goal, Tuberculosis South Africa Project will continue to improve the long-term sustainability of effective TB response systems and improve TB care and treatment for vulnerable populations.
The Human Resources Officer will provide the necessary support to the Human Resources department whilst ensuring that all HR information is treated is treated with confidentiality.
Roles and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drafting of Recruitment adverts.
- Screening of cvs and shortlisting of candidates;
- Arranging of interviews including preparing interview packs;
- Drafting offer letters, regret letters, all other documents as requested;
- Quality check all documentation submitted by ne and existing employees including benefits documents;
- Coordinate Orientation of new employees;
- Draft employment confirmation letters, service certificates, UIF etc.
- Ensuring proper hard copy and electronic filing for all employees;
- Provide general administration support and other relevant duties as assigned
Minimum Education Experience and Skills Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree, National Diploma in Human Resources or relevant field;
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in Administration;
- Knowledge and understanding of South African Legislation relevant to HR;
- A professional individual who can deal with highly confidential matters;
- A team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to perform under extreme pressure and take initiative in resolving problems;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Must be a South African national or Permanent Resident with fluency in English and in at least one local indigenous South African language.
Suitable and interested candidates should send CV/Résumé, Cover Letter “quoting the position name” on the email subject line and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet (link: https://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/AID1420-17.doc) to TBSAP@urc-chs.com.
URC is an E-Verify Employer.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.