BRIDGE Innovation in Learning Organisation
BRIDGE was established in July 2009 as a non-profit organisation. Through its work, BRIDGE aims to build the capacity of the education system to expand, adopt working practices and emerge into a resilient performing system.
BRIDGE seeks to appoint a knowledge manager to be based in Johannesburg
The purpose of the Knowledge Manager is to record, analyse, distil, produce and disseminate information coming out of CoP meetings to participants and other education stakeholders. Develop and manage open source resources for sharing with the sector and market services, internally and externally, through publicity materials, demonstrations, presentations, conferences and/or social media.
- Attend the relevant CoP meetings to record, analyse, distil and disseminate the information in clear, simple and correct English.
- Draft and produce Knowledge Products generated from designated projects and programmes
- Build and maintain the content on BRIDGE’s media channels, including the portal and social networks
- Carry out administrative and technical knowledge management activities in support of the team
- Create and maintain effective and efficient strategies and systems for Knowledge Management for BRIDGE communities
- Attend and contribute to project management meetings in support of BRIDGE projects
- Provide formal orientation for new employees when required
- Assist in the production of informational materials, presentations and BRIDGE publications
- Assist in the editing and publication of content for the website, the Knowledge Hub, brochures, annual reports, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate the usage of knowledge products by all BRIDGE stakeholders
- Participate in the drafting and finalisation of communication plans
- Knowledge of and capacity for effective processing and management of information
- Ability to condense and summarise information into clear, accessible and well written English
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Proactive and independent
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy (use of various programmes including social media)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the education or development sector, and knowledge capturing in this context.
- Post-graduate qualification in a related field
To apply, submit a CV to email@example.com, indicating the following in the Subject Line: 'Knowledge Manager Application (your name).'
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about BRIDGE, refer to www.bridge.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies