Pact, an international NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ a Regional MERL Advisor on a 11 months contract commencing in September 2019 to work within the Department of Social Development (DSD) to support its USAID funded Government Capacity Building Support Programme (GCBS).
Reporting to the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, the Provincial MERL Advisor will be an employee of Pact but will be based within DSD Provincial Office. This is a Pact specialist position that will report GCBS activities at the level of DSD Director at the province. The incumbent will be responsible to carry out the following:
Minimum Key Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and coordination support in the implementation of work plan activities for strengthening MERL capacity by generating and using high quality data for decision making at provincial and district levels
- Provide oversight and management of the MERL Capacity development agenda including training activities at provincial level.
- Provide support in establishing systems for supervision, mentoring and coaching of MERL staff at district levels
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- A Masters’ degree in Social, Behavioural or Health Sciences with practical experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities in the HIV/AIDS health sector. In addition to the minimum required experience below, additional relevant professional experience may be substituted for a Masters Degree.
- A minimum of 7 relevant professional experience in evaluation and research design, data collection and analyses, indicator construction, curriculum development and computer software, i.e. MS Word and database programs.
- Experience with evaluation and impact reporting to donors and project managers, demonstrating both analytical rigor and practicality.
- Previous experience in working with SAG Social sector and understanding of government MERL systems and requirements
- Strong team player with an ability to navigate complex organizational structures and motivate people for program participation;
- Excellent communication and writing skills with demonstrated experience in communicating complex processes to diverse stakeholders, including government officials at the national, provincial and/or district levels;
- Strong technical writing skills, development of reports and excellent presentation skills
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of the MS Office package especially MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Access etc.
- Must be a South African national with fluency in English and one local indigenous South African language
- Should be in possession of a valid South African driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel substantially
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Provincial MERL Advisor-Mpumalanga” to email@example.com
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating.
Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only and if you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.