Humana People to people HPPSA
Purpose of the Role:
The Senior HR Officer is to provides leadership in all legal, ethical, organisational and personnel issues related to human resources within HPPSA. In close coordination with Leadership of the 3 Offices, the Senior HR Officer will coordinate and ensure entry and exit management is in line with local labour law and HPPSA policies and procedures; and performance and disciplinary reviews are conducted in an enlightened, timely, and effective manner.
Salary range from R22 000 to R25 000.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
Recruitment and Selection
- Work with managers and supervisors to forecast human resources needs, develop staff recruitment plans, and human resource budgets
- Develop processes and tools for effective staffing needs assessment
- Develop and oversee processes of recruitment and onboarding of new staff, including orientation to HPPSA policies
- Advertise staff vacancies, coordinate candidate screening, selection, hiring and orientation
- Ensure the recruitment of new staff in line with program budgets
- In close coordination with the Leadership of the 3 Offices develop and administer reward management and remuneration systems which attract, retain, and motivate staff which are: internally equitable; externally competitive; and cost effective to ensure that employees are fairly rewarded for their work
- Ensure adequate systems for performance management are put in place and administered, including providing advice and support to directors and managers, monitoring staff personal and professional development plans, ensuring job descriptions and contracts are up to date and filed
- Follow up on administration formalities linked to the completion of a probationary period for all new employees
- Monitor and track due dates for conducting Performance Reviews and alert managers to any challenges or discrepancies in this regard.
- Ensure that results of the Performance Reviews are implemented e.g. training needs
- Ensure that records of the Performance Reviews are accurately kept
- Advise and support managers and staff in conflict management and the resolution of employee relations and complex HR issues; proactively raise HR issues with supervisors
- Advise both management and employee on grievance and disciplinary handling
- Arrange grievance meetings in line with the organization’s grievance procedures
- Investigate disciplinary matters, where necessary arrange disciplinary enquiries
- Prepare and represent the organization externally in dispute resolving mechanism forum such as CCMA
Administration and Record Keeping
- Monitor and track due dates for contract coming to an end and alert Executive Manager or Manager concerned for execution.
- Ensures that leave management policy is adhered to and all leave is tracked accordingly
- Monitor and support the compliance of HPPSA with policies and standards
- Oversee payroll and, working closely with finance and operations colleagues
- Work with relevant departments and management staff to develop HPPSA’s personnel policies and procedures including review of pay, maintain and update policy manuals and employee staff handbooks
- Respond to staff inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and terms of employment.
- Ensure that all staff are kept informed of policies and procedure, and changes thereof
- Keep audit-quality, legally compliant records of contracts and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, leave, grievances, performance reviews, and terminations
- Conduct, participate and support salary review and cost of living increases
- Participate in meetings of the management, operations and program teams as required
- Prepare periodic reports on human resources activities and outcomes
Compliance with statutory Legislations
- Work with EE Manager to submit Employment Equity Report to the EE Registry DOL (annually)
- Ensure compliance with all relevant labor related statutory requirements and advise management of amendments as they come into effect
- Oversee and ensure BBBEE compliance and COIDA
- Perform any other relevant duties as required by immediate supervisor
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree of Diploma in Human Resources with proven HR work experience, minimum of FIVE years of HR Related working experience in a Non Profit Company
- Thorough understanding of relevant South African legislation including LRA, BCEA, EE, OHS and POPI
- Ability to stay abreast with all legislation changes and evolving needs of employer and its employees,
- Excellent planning, organizing, communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment, paying attention to detail and maintain confidentiality is a must.
- A good understanding of donor regulations such as those of USAID and Global Funds, will be an added advantage.
- Multilingual would be advantageous
- Solid working experience with VIP Payroll software
- Experience at Con/Arb at CCMA
- Evidence of implementing human resources policies
- Demonstrated disposition toward ethical and non-discriminatory behavior that will act as a role model for others
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Human relations skills and proven integrity
- Experience of working under pressure in a large diverse team and provision of distance support;
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the year;
Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Please state in the subject line of your application, the position you are applying for.
HPPSA reserves the right not to make this appointment.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, therefore you are encouraged to apply early
To apply, submit a motivational letter and CV no later than 30 August 2019 @ 16:00pm to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org