Founded in September 1910, NICRO is one of the largest, most enduring South African non-profit organisations. The organisation, which specialises in social crime prevention and offender reintegration, boasts a rich, unparalleled history in human rights, juvenile justice and innovative criminal justice reform. The Social Worker provides social work services to individuals in conflict with the law, which promote the protection, wellbeing, rehabilitation and best management of these individuals in the criminal justice system.
NICRO seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in Durban.
The purpose of the position will be to work toward this goal through the delivery of a range of services and interventions designed to meet desired rehabilitative (behavioural change) and criminal justice outcomes (diversion, NCS, offender reintegration and group work).The social worker provide a critical connection between the criminal justice system and social services.
- BA or B. Soc. Sci. Degree in Social Work
- Current registration with the SACSSP
- Valid driver’s licence mandatory
- Must be Bi-lingual, English and iSiZulu speaking
- An interest and passion to work with adult and/ or young offenders within the Criminal Justice System
- Understanding of Restorative Justice processes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have good admin & report-writing skills
- Must be computer literate
Forward applications to NICRO Durban
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about NICRO, refer to https://www.nicro.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies