Reports to: CEO
The purpose of the registrar is to take overall responsibility for legal matters pertaining to the need for Cornerstone Institute to maintain compliance. He/ She supports the CEO, Executive Dean and academic management in particular across a wide range of internal structures and functions with respect to administrative functions. The student admissions, registrations and systems-support functions report to the Registrar.
The Registrar will act as an innovative and strategic leader and will create and implement a vision for a 21st century technologically-sophisticated Registrar's office. He/ She is responsible for enforcement of the institution’s academic policies. The Registrar also ensures the oversight, integrity, accuracy, and security of all student academic and educational records and related policies and procedures. The Registrar is ultimately responsible for the management of an office that provides excellent customer service to students and parents, and ensures compliance with all regulatory bodies.
- A relevant Masters' degree or NQF equivalent
- A minimum of six (6) years' experience in working within a private higher education institution
- At least five years’ relevant management and leadership experience
- Experience working in the not for profit sector
- Experience with student management systems and associated technology.
- Knowledge of applicable databases and modern computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections.
- Key competencies
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Highly developed interpersonal, analytic and communication skills.
- Demonstrable research knowledge and skills; demonstrable high level computer literacy; good facilitation skills and report-writing skills
- Organizational, time management and planning skills essential.
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Excellent written, oral and business writing communication skills
- Student centered ethos
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Budget management ability
- Effective administration and record keeping/record monitoring skills
- Previous HR and Supervisory experience
- Oversee all Registration and Student Records reporting needs to ensure timeliness and accuracy. Provide ad hoc reports as needed by the Deans and other faculty members.
- Keep abreast of Registrar best practices and conduct business process redesign to improve processes and ensure the integration of state-of-the-art technology tools into day-to-day business processes.
- Hire, supervise, mentor and evaluate the Registrar’s staff. Design and implement a professional development plan for each Registrar Office employee.
- Build a Registrar Office team that works collaboratively both in the office and with other faculty teams.
- Ensure the registration of the institution and accreditation of programmes with all the relevant authorities including the Council for Higher Education (CHE), the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET)
- Contact person for CHE, SAQA and DHET and other bodies such as the Association of Private Providers of Education Training and Development (APPETD)
- Compile and submit annual reports all the relevant authorities and ensure documentation for the accreditation of all programmes is permanently up to date.
- Ensure correct reporting of quality of the institution and all programmes.
- Be the primary delegate to all meetings with CHE, APPETD, DHET and SAQA.
- Assist with programme development.
- Quality assures t public reports including the accuracy statistics including on website, marketing collateral and annual reports
- Reports accurate grades and issues correct student records to relevant and appropriate parties.
- Responsible for the students` registration process.
- Responsible for the organising of entrance testing of all new students.
- Ensures that foreign students have study permits and medical insurance.
- Responsible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) processes and transfer of credits.
- Coordinates the assessment result process, ensuring quality and accuracy of database.
- Establishes and maintains student files, ensuring that all personal and academic records are kept current and accurate.
- Monitors student records to ensure compliance to academic regulations and programme requirements for graduation and issuing Academic Transcripts, and Certificates of Conduct
- Gives academic advice regarding further and present studies
- Manages the institutions transcript and grading processes
- Ensures that all published academic documents including the Yearbook, module descriptions, website, graduation booklet and the like are accurate and current
- Takes responsibility for compiling academic timetables and calendars.
- Works closely with the CEO, Executive Dean and entire management team in realising the above deliverables
To apply please email your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com. In your covering letter please outline your suitability for the post. Also please inform your current manager of your interest in applying for this role.
External Applications will be done the same as internal applications.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Cornerstone Institute, refer to https://cornerstone.ac.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies