Electric South seeks to appoint a Cultural Producer to be based in their headquarters in Cape Town.
Employment peroid: Full time
The purpose of this position is to drive initiatives that make great work possible. This will include developing international partnerships, securing production and operational financing, and nurturing creative projects by pioneering African artists. You will also run the day-to-day administrative operations of Electric South.
Remuneration: R25000 - R30000 p/m
- Lead the execution of Electric South’s mission and strategy, reporting to the two Co-Founders
- Manage the small internal team which includes communications, exhibition, and bookkeeping functions, and 3rd party service providers
- Draft budgets and schedules for internal operations and creative productions
- Submit annual reports to funders and regulatory bodies
- Facilitate logistics for annual artist lab
- Identify production and exhibition partners, and build collaborative models with them
- Support a network of artists across Africa
- Source exceptional artists to work with
- Support individual artists in the development and production of their immersive media projects
- Identify potential corporate partners and pitch proposals
- Write grant applications
- Build international network
- A university degree
- Mid/senior work experience in creative industries (visual arts, film, gaming, etc)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing budgets
- Autonomous worker who rises to a challenge
- Proven organisational skills and respect for deadlines
- Ability to embrace and advocate cultural diversity
- Flexible, innovative, and solution driven team player
- Preferred Qualifications
- You do not need to have worked in 360 filmmaking and Virtual Reality but it would be an advantage.
Electric South is looking for a self-initiated leader to support our growing network of visionary artists to produce great work.
The immersive media industry is young. There are exciting opportunities to develop new modes of storytelling here in Africa, and we need collaboration to make this happen. To grow the ecosystem, we need to bring diverse disciplines and skills together, and connect artists to networks, knowledge and resources.
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in South Africa.
Apply here http://www.electricsouth.org/.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Electric South, refer to http://www.electricsouth.org/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies