Columba Leadership’s is an NGO that activates youth enterprise and employment by helping young people transcend their personal circumstances and offers meaningful social impact to all investors. Ngenhloso is a teacher development programme, originally incubated within Columba Leadership Trust, focusing on developing world class teachers to drive improved maths performance and cognitive acceleration of participating learners. Programme schools are predominantly Quintile 1 – 3 schools and therefore serve some of the poorest communities. Ngenhloso recruits top quality candidates who have completed an undergraduate degree and who are eligible to enroll in a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with mathematics as one of their teaching subjects.
Candidates study through distance education towards their PGCE qualification in their first year on the programme and work full time in a partner school over the 2-year period. During this time, candidates lead learning in high school maths classrooms beginning in Grade 8 and 9.
Ngenhloso seeks to appoint a Programme Director who is passionate about driving change in the education system.
the purpose of thus position is to grow a network of exceptional teachers who will lead change in classrooms across the country. This is an exciting role for someone to play a key role in building the organisation from pilot phase into implementation and growth phase.
- Lead the further development of the model (with a strong existing technical team) for scale and government buy in;
- Think and respond innovatively to the challenges and opportunities of the model and programme delivery in complex political/ social and economic contexts;
- Manage strategic direction and operations of the organisation;
- Establish and drive a strong organisational culture;
- Develop and execute the funding strategy required for growth;
- Drive financial sustainability;
- Establish strong governance structures and team;
- Ensure excellent programme delivery;
- Establish a strong brand in the education sector and more broadly in the market;
- Establish and grow strong partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Relevant experience working in an early phase organisation and seeing it through to growth stage;
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to influence within the organisation as well as externally, cross culturally and in various contexts;
- Ability to build and develop a strong team as well as bring clarity across the organisation by defining and measuring clear objectives;
- Ability to understand the educational components of the programme at a high level and maintain the integrity of the programme through the growth phase;
- Strength in establishing and building relationships across private and government sector;
- Understanding of budget and financial processes;
- Strong operational competencies and ability to operate at both strategic and operational level.
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Minimum 5 years in a senior management role
- Education/NGO sector experience/ exposure an advantage
To apply, please submit a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references to email@example.com indicate the position title in the subject line.
Note that an application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment.
Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
Applicants who do not receive a reply within one month of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful.
Ngenhloso reserves the right not to fill the position.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Columba, refer to www.columba.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies