Injini is an EdTech Incubator, providing business support and investment in EdTech entrepreneurs to further education outcomes across Africa. Injini selects cohorts of ambitious EdTech startups from across Africa for an incubation programme based in Cape Town, South Africa - extending funding and dedicated support from an experienced team, industry experts and skilled business mentors. Thereafter, Injini continues to support high-potential alumni startups as they scale their businesses.
Injini also plays a role in the EdTech ecosystem across Africa by running weeklong bootcamp programmes in partnership with key African tech hubs and hosting roundtable events to promote the evidence-driven use, investment and development of EdTech innovations.
Based in Cape Town, Injini seeks to fill the following vacancy:
HEAD OF PARTNERSHIPS
This Head of Partnerships vacancy is a leadership role within Injini. The incumbent will be at the forefront of helping to build the most-successful EdTech companies in Africa and get an unparalleled opportunity to travel across the continent, build an extensive network of technology startups, investors, and government; while developing your skills in innovative education, enterprise development, venture capital and impact investing. As the head of partnerships, the incumbent will be responsible for cultivating relationships for both Injini start-ups and Injini. Additionally being responsible for positioning Injini in the EdTech ecosystem and ensuring Injini has a seat at the table in an evolving landscape.
The Head of Partnerships will oversee a team of two, a Partnerships and Reporting Managerand the Partnerships & Marketing Intern. In addition the individual will work closely with the Head of Operations, and will report directly to the CEO. The incumbent will be joining a team that went to elite universities in Africa and the US, with a diverse array of backgrounds in the development space.
Key responsibility as Head of Partnerships is to provide leadership and oversee all aspects of external partner relationships.
- Creating and executing external collaboration strategy
- Cultivating new relationships for Injini and portfolio companies while nurturing existing relationships
- Participating in and leads ecosystem events (Roundtables, Sprint weeks, Conferences)
- Leading the final reporting efforts to all stakeholders
- Developing the overall approach to Injini’s public-facing engagement strategy
- Attending and presenting at meetings with key Injini stakeholders such as funders and the board of directors
- Sharing expertise (where relevant) to guide Injini startups & alumni during strategy sessions with the Injini leadership team
- Staying up to date with trends in EdTech including funding opportunities and events
- Organising and hosting major events such as the programme launch and demo-day
Requirements for the Head of Partnerships are:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree with 3+ years of subsequent work experience
- Excellent record of academic achievement
- Exceptional business development & relationship building skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders and industry influencers
- Experience in successfully managing direct reports
- Demonstrated interest in education, technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and social impact
- Work experience in technology startups OR elite professional services (e.g management consulting, finance), elite corporate and venture capital OR impact investing; All backgrounds will be considered
- Experience of working across Africa is a bonus
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday, 02nd August 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org