Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Sesame Workshop South Africa has an exciting opportunity for an individual with a passion for connecting people and resources to inspiring social causes. As Senior Manager: Corporate & Philanthropic Partnerships, you will lead in securing and growing support for our mission to help kids grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. You will achieve this by building on the incredible success and high brand equity of Takalani Sesame, our ground-breaking children’s educational program that has been reaching millions of kids across South Africa for 20 years, nurturing their readiness for school and lifelong learning.
We are looking for a business minded individual who brings strong writing and relationship building skills alongside an in-depth understanding of the corporate and philanthropic landscape in South Africa. In return, we offer a unique opportunity to make a significant difference with an innovative social enterprise, one of the most loved children’s educational media brands in South Africa and beyond.
Key Strategic Challenges:
- Support the Managing Director in executing the strategy to secure and grow support for Takalani Sesame media and outreach work from Corporates, Foundations, and High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs).
- Support the MD in prospect cultivation including preparing and delivering high impact presentations, attending meetings, and following through agreed actions.
- Develop materials to creatively communicate ‘the Sesame story’ to current and prospective partners, building on insights from Sesame Workshop’s media and social impact work in South Africa and globally.
- Prepare innovative partnership proposals and unique engagement offerings, ensuring strong alignment with prospective partners and Sesame Workshop business goals, partnership objectives and brand ethos.
- Support the MD in overseeing other resource mobilization initiatives outsourced to third party agencies and/or consultants including individual giving program, fundraising events, content licensing, and merchandising.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in business or other relevant discipline.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience within non-profit or private sector settings, and in roles which involved resource mobilization and/or building partnerships for philanthropic causes.
- Excellent relationship building skills and a natural comfort with soliciting support for social causes.
- Strong network within South African corporate and/or philanthropic space, which can be leveraged while developing new contacts and relationships for Sesame Workshop.
- Strong hands on proposal writing skills including use of logic models.
- Excellent presentation skills and demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver high impact pitches.
- Sharp business acumen and an entrepreneurial mindset for addressing social issues.
- Good research and analytical skills with ability to turn insights into business opportunities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel and work outside normal office hours.
Fusion Consulting has been retained to manage this search process. Suitably qualified and experienced South African / SA Permanent Resident candidates are invited to apply by emailing a CV and covering letter, describing your interest and qualification for the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is 6th August 2019. Should you have any queries, please contact Fusion Consulting on +27 11 706 5763.