Paediatric AIDS Treatment for Africa (PATA)
Paediatric AIDS Treatment for Africa (PATA) is as an action network of health providers and health facilities whose aim is to improve the quality of paediatric and adolescent HIV prevention, treatment, care and support. As a South African NGO, PATA collaborates with 364 paediatric HIV clinics across 24 sub-Saharan African countries, offering a powerful platform for regional collaboration through capacity building, peer-to-peer exchange and learning forums; supporting the achievement of quality improvement goals to effect positive change in HIV paediatric and adolescent policy and practice.
PATA seeks to appiont a Head of Programmes, to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the Head of Programmes will be to oversee the implementation of our Annual Operational Plan and drive the organisations strategic objective to improve the quality of paediatric and adolescent HIV prevention, treatment, care and support. PATA is an action network of frontline health providers and facilities, offering a powerful platform for regional collaboration, linkage and learning to effect positive change in paediatric and adolescent HIV service delivery. As Head of Programmes, you will manage a portfolio of projects across 9 sub-Saharan countries from our base in Cape Town, accountable for their delivery by a team of junior and senior managers spread across multiple funders. The stakeholders you will engage with include funders, global and regional networks and partners, health providers, community partners, policy makers and Ministry of Health personnel.
- Leading and managing PATA programmes and staff
- Donor and stakeholder liaison and reporting - supporting fundraising
- Aligning programme management with strategy, human resources and finances
- Evidence gathering and contributing to research and publications development – documenting lessons
- Masters’ degree in social science, public health and development – a nursing or associated health background is preferential
- A minimum of 7 years regional and multi-level HIV and/or health programme management experience which has included strategic development, organisational management responsibilities and working relationships with HIV programmes, the public health and NGO sectors
- A minimum of 7 years proven staff management, supervision and mentoring capability
- Along with excellent communication and writing skills, must be able to translate findings into service delivery recommendations, research abstracts and articles/briefs
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and competent experience in donor liaison and reporting to international donors
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Willing and able to travel globally and throughout sub-Saharan Africa on a regular basis
- Must be in possession of permanent residency and eligible to work in South Africa
- Fluency in English (written and oral) required; French and Portuguese language proficiency desirable
Your skills, experience and knowledge portfolio will include HIV, health care, systems strengthening, strong programme and people management, stakeholder liaison and support, fundraising, strategic formulation and planning, as well as being a first line contributor to research, materials, case study development and change advocacy.
Please email a concise CV with contactable references and a detailed motivation letter on how your skills and experience will add value to our team in this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Salary is commensurate on experience and is market related.
Please advise salary expectation in motivation letter.
For more about PATA, refer to http://teampata.org/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies