Columba Leadership’s is an NGO that activates youth enterprise and employment by helping young people transcend their personal circumstances and offers meaningful social impact to all investors.
Columba Leadership seeks to appoint a Communications Officer to be based in Johannesburg.
The Communications Officer plays a key role in building, sustaining and sharing the key messaging in support of the Columba Leadership brand through highly effective internal and external communication.
Internal and External Communications
- Support all internal and external communication
- Write communication based on interviews, briefings, research and observations/insights
- Produce the annual review and investor event presentations
- Develop internal and external newsletters
- Develop short videos
- Conceptualise, write and design posters (internal) and advertisements (external)
- Manage promotional/informative/information sharing events (internal and external)
- Prepare ‘standard’ marketing collateral for key stakeholder groups. Assist with tailoring these for specific target audiences
- Present at investor events and debriefs
- Arrange new investor events e.g. breakfast meetings
- Review the format and content of investor reports
- Ensure regular communication with investors. Identify and produce stories on an ongoing basis that are of interest to investors. Understanding the format and frequency of communications preferred by investors and finding efficient ways to meet these needs
- Maintain a strong network of media contacts
- Understand the editorial focus of different publications and the interests of particular reporters, to better target placement of stories and thereby improve the probability of publication
- Prepare media releases which meet the needs of the targeted audience
- Keep website content interesting, topical and up-to-date
- Track and meaningfully respond to analytics relating to the effectiveness of the website. Seek to promote the website readership and further sharing of material
- Develop innovative strategies to promote the engagement of young people via social media
- Social Media community management, especially FaceBook, WhatsApp, twitter and other available channels
- Identify relevant competitions and organisations which make awards and submit proposals to them
- Track strategic networking opportunities and facilitate relevant engagements
- Develop marketing and communications collateral
- Accumulate and organise all important reference materials, testimonials, etc.
- Keep up to date with the latest research in youth leadership, employment, etc.
- Document employment, enterprise and school improvement case studies
- Discover PR assets in schools and in exit interviews and record these
- Discover key local leadership and international players in youth leadership, employment, etc.
- Prepare thought leadership pieces
- Build a database of powerful visual communications describing Columba Leadership, including taking photographs and videography
- Must be in possession of a tertiary qualification in Communications
- Must have at least two years of work experience in communications, with specific NGO experience a distinct advantage
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Competence in Microsoft Projects advantageous
- Strong practical knowledge of digital marketing tools and techniques, including available channels, current and emerging trends, analytics and community management/engagement
- Relates well with young people
- Proficient in written and verbal English with oral and written communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to take initiative and be a team player
- Strong media relations
- Ability to relate to several different stakeholder groups, internal and external, senior and more junior
- Ability to simplify messaging with clarity of purpose, meaning and impact
- Adaptability and ability to work in a fluid environment
- Attention to detail (including in terms of accuracy and layout)
- Planning skills
- Administratively strong
To apply, CV applications, together with a letter of motivation to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Regret only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Should you not be contacted within two weeks of the closing date, consider the position filled.