St Luke's Combined Hospice's
St Luke’s Hospice is committed to caring for patients with life threatening illnesses, supporting their families and cares for people of all religions.
St Luke’s Hospice seeks to appoint a Coordinator for Marketing and Events, to be based in South Africa.
- Develop marketing/fundraising campaigns
- Identify, develop and execute the communications strategy for key media contacts and customer references
- Create, deliver, edit and optimise marketing materials (all media)
- Create and execute marketing- and event content (press releases, media relations and social media) via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook etc
- Coordinate the flow of information and communication and disseminate it according to the plan/strategy
- Develop, implement and monitor event tracking system and policies and procedures for areas of accountability
- Create, maintain and enhance relationships with all stakeholders
- Manage team member/s and facilitate people development
- Perform other duties, as and when so requested, in support of team goals
- Degree in Marketing/Advertising
- A minimum of combined eight years’ experience in creating and executing POE on events/projects/awareness campaigns; creating new- and sustaining current relationships at the executive level; proven project management; interactive, effective verbal and written communication
- Proven advanced administrative ability
- Proven team leadership capabilities
- Advanced computer literacy with experience in database management / MS Office Suite (inclusive of MS Project).
- Unendorsed driver’s licence
- Postgrad qualification, fluency in at least two official languages and an understanding of palliative care and its role in society (added advantage)
- Organisational awareness
- Resilience and stress management
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Relationship building/partnering
- Action orientation
- Planning and organising
- Judgment and decision making
- Engaging diversity
- Developing people
To apply, submit your application for the attention of Michelle Lehmann-Shantall at firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the reference number top left.
All applicants are expected to provide or avail themselves for:
- A letter of motivation for the application and a fully completed Internal application form (available from the HR office)
- A Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding three pages)
- Microsoft Package proficiency assessments
- Other proficiency assessments to assess competence in areas required, inclusive of a panel interview
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
All applications received within the time frames will be considered.
Applicants, who do not receive a response on their application within five working days of the closing date of the advertisement, are to accede that the application was not successful.
St Luke’s Combined Hospices reserves the right not to make an appointment to this position.
St Luke’s Combined Hospices is guided by the principles of Employment Equity.
On behalf of Management, we wish you well in your application and future endeavours!
For more about the St Luke’s Hospice, refer to www.stlukes.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies