CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 7000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. The Organisation strives to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
CIVICUS seeks to appoint a Civil Society Resourcing Intern, to be based in South Africa.
- Analytical, data processing and presentation skills
- Familiar with civil society, development and human rights issues
- understanding of resourcing constraints, challenges and threats faced by marginalised citizens and organisations - especially those in the Global South and from change-seeking groups
- Experience identifying trends, multi-faceted approaches and learnings across different contexts
- Computer literacy, including collaborative applications such as Sharepoint, Google Docs etc
- Must be dynamic and committed with a heart for social justice and analytical and data processing skills,
- Must want help carry out a comprehensive mapping, profiling and create a directory of organisations offering core funding, rapid response support and other resources to civil society groups, including informal groups and individual activists
To apply, submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should comprise of:
- A full CV (two pages)
- A covering note of not more than one page outlining your motivation for applying for the role
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Click here for a full Job Description
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted the week of the 15th August to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
CIVICUS reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
For more about CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation, refer to www.civicus.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies