Western Cape Association for Persons with Disabilities
The Western Cape Association for Persons with Disabilities (WCAPD) is a nonprofit organisation facilitating services to people with disabilities striving towards an inclusive society in which persons with disabilities are equal and active citizens. The organisation provides governance, administrative and Social Work support to APD branches in the Western Cape.
WCAPD seeks to appoint a Chief Social Worker to be based in George, Western Cape.
- Supervise social development staff
- Train and develop staff on all levels
- Monitor and evaluate branch operations and services
- Lobby and collaborating with key stakeholders
- As part of the multi-disciplinary WCAPD team, support organisational development of branches
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work
- Registration with the SACSSP
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Senior Social Worker
- Experience and/or training in supervision within the NGO sector would be advantageous
- Experience in recruitment and management of both staff and volunteers
- A valid Code 8 (EB) driver’s license
- Willingness to travel within the Southern Cape and overnight
- Proficiency in the use of computers for spreadsheets, reporting, email and internet
- Strong, persuasive written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines over long periods
- Organisational skills, with thorough attention to detail
- Police clearance and clearance of the child sex offender list
- A flexible approach to working hours and duties
To apply, submit a complete CV with certified copies of all supporting documents to email@example.com CV’s without necessary documentation will not be considered.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Consider your application as unsuccessful if you have not received a response within seven days.
For more about the Western Cape Association for Persons with Disabilities, refer to www.wcapd.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies